Dpad to look around your rider

Post your suggestions here
User avatar
MOTOZ293
Posts: 1386
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx
Location: Ohio

Dpad to look around your rider

Postby MOTOZ293 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Okay with the recent protest issues and stuff I thought that it would be a good idea that we can get to look around on the dpad of our controllers. In real life you can look behind you when lever you want, but we can't in sim. I think we should be able to look right, left, and behind us. Even in first person.

User avatar
JayTaylor
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:22 am
Team: ACR
Location: somewhere

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby JayTaylor » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 pm

this would encourage alot more people to use first person imo.

User avatar
rmzracer92
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:15 am
Team: DX3
Location: London

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby rmzracer92 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 pm

pretty cool idea
Image

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby sethiemeboi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:20 pm

at least let the d-pad so SOMETHING
Image

User avatar
MOTOZ293
Posts: 1386
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx
Location: Ohio

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby MOTOZ293 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:48 pm

JayTaylor wrote:this would encourage alot more people to use first person imo.

How so, it would be generally the same. Like whether you're in first or third you would still be able to look on both sides and behind you. I feel like it would help with cleaner racing and possibly with track reentries

User avatar
JayTaylor
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:22 am
Team: ACR
Location: somewhere

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby JayTaylor » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:23 pm

when i started playing the game i wanted to use first person just for the extra "realism" but i didnt due to my head being in one spot it threw me off learning and proceeding at the game. i would go more in detail bout the issue but i will leave that to Havoc or Wahlamt.

Dumbbelly29
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 pm

i put in a suggestion for a lookback button and got rinsed... i need a way to see who's coming to lap me

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 5557
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby Wahlamt » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:14 am

JayTaylor wrote:when i started playing the game i wanted to use first person just for the extra "realism" but i didnt due to my head being in one spot it threw me off learning and proceeding at the game. i would go more in detail bout the issue but i will leave that to Havoc or Wahlamt.

You can't see how fat your whips are in 1st person. You just go on a weird rollercoaster. Also 3rd person matches be better as I never win anything. Lot of experience being a third wheel too, so just overall solid.

User avatar
JayTaylor
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:22 am
Team: ACR
Location: somewhere

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby JayTaylor » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 am

t
Wahlamt wrote:
JayTaylor wrote:when i started playing the game i wanted to use first person just for the extra "realism" but i didnt due to my head being in one spot it threw me off learning and proceeding at the game. i would go more in detail bout the issue but i will leave that to Havoc or Wahlamt.

You can't see how fat your whips are in 1st person. You just go on a weird rollercoaster. Also 3rd person matches be better as I never win anything. Lot of experience being a third wheel too, so just overall solid.

thanks for clearing that one for me. owe ya a beer

User avatar
Ktmrdr11
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 am
Team: I think Vurb
Location: Joplin, MO

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby Ktmrdr11 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 am

If this were to be implemented i would only like to see left and right and even then only about a 15-20 degree head turn not damn near 90 degrees.

Dumbbelly29
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Ktmrdr11 wrote:If this were to be implemented i would only like to see left and right and even then only about a 15-20 degree head turn not damn near 90 degrees.


because it would be soooooo unrealistic to be able to see behind you right... i think you need to put the adult clips on your leatt my dude

User avatar
WellsMX524
Posts: 1762
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 am
Team: Aspect
Location: Illinois

Re: Dpad to look around your rider

Postby WellsMX524 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:01 pm

So, just wondering if this could ever actually be a thing. I use it in MX Bikes quite a bit, I'm not sure how much coding it would involve, but it would make riding in first person tremendously better.


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests