Collisions

Post your suggestions here
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Collisions

Post by DirtRacer02 »

After watching this and thinking about how it would turn out in sim I wanted to know if we can update collisions. You see as Osborne hits Savatgy he turns down and rides away right? Well with how the collisions in this game are it seems to me as if you did that in this game you would get front end lock and crash. Is there a way we can fix this or at least make it a bit more realistic? It seems to me as the older snapshots were better when it comes to passes like this. Is this true and if so have you thought about changing it back?
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Re: Collisions

Post by USABMXER1 »

The front end lock was created so that we couldn't straight up punt somebody when we get mad without killing ourselves now as well. But you can still clean somebody worse than Osborne cleaned Savatgy it's just very rare and hard to do that because of front end lock.
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

USABMXER1 wrote:The front end lock was created so that we couldn't straight up punt somebody when we get mad without killing ourselves now as well. But you can still clean somebody worse than Osborne cleaned Savatgy it's just very rare and hard to do that because of front end lock.
I feel like it should be a little easier to do a take out like Osborne did tho, That would be realistic imo
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

why doesn't jlv just make it to where you fall off when you hit another person when going too fast, so punting wouldn't be as fun for the goons
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

sethiemeboi wrote:why doesn't jlv just make it to where you fall off when you hit another person when going too fast, so punting wouldn't be as fun for the goons
But Seth, the goons will still break check going 5th tapped in Monster Ally when battling for 3rd in an LCQ.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:why doesn't jlv just make it to where you fall off when you hit another person when going too fast, so punting wouldn't be as fun for the goons
But Seth, the goons will still break check going 5th tapped in Monster Ally when battling for 3rd in an LCQ.
how about this: we make front wheel lock NOT happen when you hit somebody at low speeds, but anything above that would engage it
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, block passes are usually low speed for both riders. As for the original point, that Osborne pass is going to be more reliable with stabilizer lock (I'm calling it stabilizer lock because the steering is *not* locked). Before stabilizer lock you'd get dragged down by the outside rider 9 out of 10 times. The stabilizer reacts so quickly it makes block passes not work.

I do agree the stabilization should ramp up more quickly. Going to do that in a future update. I admit I left it too strict in hopes that people would stop creating pileups by tripling into a crowd on lap 1, but I give up. There's no stopping that and the extra tip overs caused by the slow stabilizer ramp up probably cause even more pileups.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DirtRacer02
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DirtRacer02 »

jlv wrote:Actually, block passes are usually low speed for both riders. As for the original point, that Osborne pass is going to be more reliable with stabilizer lock (I'm calling it stabilizer lock because the steering is *not* locked). Before stabilizer lock you'd get dragged down by the outside rider 9 out of 10 times. The stabilizer reacts so quickly it makes block passes not work.

I do agree the stabilization should ramp up more quickly. Going to do that in a future update. I admit I left it too strict in hopes that people would stop creating pileups by tripling into a crowd on lap 1, but I give up. There's no stopping that and the extra tip overs caused by the slow stabilizer ramp up probably cause even more pileups.
How do you plan on fixing this? By putting it back to the way it was in 1.10 or trying something new? Or Like maybe making the stabilizer half of what it is or last half has long?
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

DirtRacer02 wrote:
jlv wrote:Actually, block passes are usually low speed for both riders. As for the original point, that Osborne pass is going to be more reliable with stabilizer lock (I'm calling it stabilizer lock because the steering is *not* locked). Before stabilizer lock you'd get dragged down by the outside rider 9 out of 10 times. The stabilizer reacts so quickly it makes block passes not work.

How do you plan on fixing this? By putting it back to the way it was in 1.10 or trying something new? Or Like maybe making the stabilizer half of what it is or last half has long?
i think the stabilizer shouldn't be as powerful so it just kinda throws you off enough to let the guy your trying to block pass get some breathing room, instead of putting you in the dirt.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Probably going to speed up the stabilizer ramp up after contact by around 25%. If it's not enough I can always speed it up more.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.