Engine Tuning

Post your suggestions here
Thegoat4
Team: Privateer

Engine Tuning

Post by Thegoat4 »

This has proably already been asked through the years but, i think it would be really cool if we could change the engine a little bit ourselves, like change the powerband, if i want more power on the bottom i would want to change that myself, think like Villopoto, he had a lot of power on the bottom and mainly rode och high gears and got a lot of traction from that, while riders like Justin Barcia has a lot of power on the top and just revs the shit out of the bike, it's the same thing with this game, some people have a more smooth stile and some people just go wild on the rev, not saying one way is better than the other, just thinking it would be cool to have som options on how the engine behave.
eblock_15

Re: Engine Tuning

Post by eblock_15 »

+1
I am the one and only Larry Lawn Dart, if you see me on the track I will probably be on the ground - Eli Block
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

It's called gearing and it already exists
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

sethiemeboi wrote:It's called gearing and it already exists
Yeah uhhh wrong.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Yeah uhhh wrong.
explain the difference if this were to be added to the game
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

sethiemeboi wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
Yeah uhhh wrong.
explain the difference if this were to be added to the game
Pretty easy to understand... Gearing changes the final drive of the bike as in quicker acceleration vs faster top speed.. Engine tuning would allow you to manipulate the HP and TQ curve as in how the power is delivered without changing your final drive ratio which is a drastic adjustment to make.

This is MX Simulator, key word for you to remember here is Simulator... If you say more adjustments make things difficult, advanced adjustments should be all part of a Simulation experience. We have programmers to change fuel and timing curves IRL. Why would this not be a good thing to have? Might I suggest a arcade game?

This would also allow room for the different bikes in game to be more than just a engine mapping difference. It would be cool to have different handling from manufacture to manufacture. The specs are available, it would be cool to see how it translates. The fastest bike may also handle like a turd compared to a slower counterpart. Would definitely open the door to having one OP bike dyno.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
1. This is MX Simulator, key word for you to remember here is Simulator...

2. Why would this not be a good thing to have? Might I suggest a arcade game?

3. Would definitely open the door to having one OP bike dyno.
1. ok firstly, it is a simulator, but a sim can only get so realistic before it isn't fun anymore, and gets way too complicated to where random people looking to have fun are getting beaten not because of skill, but because of the difference in their engine setup? that's not fun. I understand, it would be cool to have this, but not if somebody accidentally creates a god setup and won't share it with anybody.

2. Second, i don't understand why you said that, i didn't say anything related to that, but ok.

3. back to my previous point, it would be suuuuch a negative thing to have people get incredibly ridiculous setups to where people can just gain 350 power out of a 250 by creating a stupidly good engine setup.

also just want to clarify that we are not arguing, we are debating. no mean words or comments plez :lol:
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

sethiemeboi wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
1. This is MX Simulator, key word for you to remember here is Simulator...

2. Why would this not be a good thing to have? Might I suggest a arcade game?

3. Would definitely open the door to having one OP bike dyno.
1. ok firstly, it is a simulator, but a sim can only get so realistic before it isn't fun anymore, and gets way too complicated to where random people looking to have fun are getting beaten not because of skill, but because of the difference in their engine setup? that's not fun. I understand, it would be cool to have this, but not if somebody accidentally creates a god setup and won't share it with anybody.

2. Second, i don't understand why you said that, i didn't say anything related to that, but ok.

3. back to my previous point, it would be suuuuch a negative thing to have people get incredibly ridiculous setups to where people can just gain 350 power out of a 250 by creating a stupidly good engine setup.

also just want to clarify that we are not arguing, we are debating. no mean words or comments plez :lol:
1) That is where I disagree. We could use more adjustments to enhance the simulation experience. I will have to stop you there with the assumption that having some control over engine performance would make such a difference that you are describing. One thing that MXS is really known for which gives a good and bad reputation, is the fact that there is a gigantic skill gap. Something like this, won't ever make enough difference to rival speed & consistency.. Ever. I for example, adjust my suspension round to round to make it more comfortable for me allowing me to go faster. Tysen for example on the other hand has a setup that he has gotten used to and rarely makes much for changes to. Do I beat him because my suspension was better than his? No because he is much faster than me. Skill will always prevail in MXS.

2) First off.
This is why. With MXS the goal is to emulate that of the real life racing experience. Engine adjustments along with suspension are all a part of real life racing. Which is exactly why it should be in MXS. If you don't like having such adjustments, that is where an arcade derived game is more well suited. Understand?

3) You are thinking that the engine tuning will be much more drastic than it would be. Do you know how much gains there are to be had with just tuning with no supporting modifications?

Say there was an issue, JLV could make it that you have a set number of points for adjustment between bottom/mid/high and where you add you must subtract from another area. It would be enough to make a difference, but not enough to make 'a stupidly good engine setup' like one can currently with suspension. Which in my opinion wouldn't even need to be done.

Also I missed a few words in my last sentence of the previous post. It was to read: Would definitely open the door to not having one OP bike dyno as we do currently.
Jared133mx

Post by Jared133mx »

Seth you're an idiot, stop talking
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Jared133mx wrote:Seth you're an idiot, stop talking
Why. You are not in this convo
MxVelocity747

Post by MxVelocity747 »

sethiemeboi wrote:
Neither are you, but guess what I see your name in every suggestion box thread
"i hope you hang yourself from your shrimp dick" - Jared Siedhoff Image
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

MxVelocity747 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
nobody likes you lol
MxVelocity747

Post by MxVelocity747 »

sethiemeboi wrote:
MxVelocity747 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote: Why. You are not in this convo
nobody likes you lol
Oh wow you got me. Im impressed, for a little kid you came up with something that good.
"i hope you hang yourself from your shrimp dick" - Jared Siedhoff Image
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

MxVelocity747 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:
MxVelocity747 wrote: Neither are you, but guess what I see your name in every suggestion box thread
nobody likes you lol
Oh wow you got me. Im impressed, for a little kid you came up with something that good.
you're 17. guess what? so am i lol.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

sethiemeboi wrote:
MxVelocity747 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote: nobody likes you lol
you're 17. guess what? so am i lol.
Yet you're so much more childish