Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Post by taelale »

sethiemeboi wrote:
no... don't do this...
YAAAAAAS
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

JLV, I'm starting to think you are one of the people upset that an Alta was allowed to race Straight Rhythm. Well snap out of it. :lol: This is the future of fast.

Gearing is a 12/53 with a 1/3.5 reduction gear at the motor. You should be able to use that info to extract RPM if need be. Weight is 258 lbs and the weight bias is 49F/51R.

Would be rad if you allowed the power maps to be switched on the fly, too.

ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

ShackAttack12 wrote:JLV, I'm starting to think you are one of the people upset that an Alta was allowed to race Straight Rhythm. Well snap out of it. :lol: This is the future of fast.
Actually, you were starting to sell me on it. The weight still looks pretty bad but I can't deny the bike looks like fun. If this battery tech pans out electric will probably be better in every possible way.
ShackAttack12 wrote:Would be rad if you allowed the power maps to be switched on the fly, too.
That wouldn't be hard. Could just make the gear pick the map since the gear wouldn't be used on that bike.

The only info I don't have on the Alta is the motor inertia. I don't think it would be too bad if I just took a guess on that.

Can't do it right now though since I'm in the middle of doing some anti cheat code which is a total nightmare. I have to finish that before anything else.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JettWisdom

Post by JettWisdom »

jlv wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:JLV, I'm starting to think you are one of the people upset that an Alta was allowed to race Straight Rhythm. Well snap out of it. :lol: This is the future of fast.
Actually, you were starting to sell me on it. The weight still looks pretty bad but I can't deny the bike looks like fun. If this battery tech pans out electric will probably be better in every possible way.
ShackAttack12 wrote:Would be rad if you allowed the power maps to be switched on the fly, too.
That wouldn't be hard. Could just make the gear pick the map since the gear wouldn't be used on that bike.

The only info I don't have on the Alta is the motor inertia. I don't think it would be too bad if I just took a guess on that.

Can't do it right now though since I'm in the middle of doing some anti cheat code which is a total nightmare. I have to finish that before anything else.
Alta soon :?: :?: :D :D :shock: :shock:
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

the "future" supposedly. RIP Alta
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

AtlasZoor wrote:the "future" supposedly. RIP Alta
A lot of technological ventures fail because they're too early. You need to time things just right so you're the first one there at the moment the technology becomes viable. In computer games John Carmack gets a lot of credit for his ingenious rendering engines but his most important skill was almost perfectly exploiting the current hardware and never getting ahead or behind. Alta was probably a bit too early. Another five years and you'll likely see an electric that matches gas power to weight.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

jlv wrote:
AtlasZoor wrote:the "future" supposedly. RIP Alta
A lot of technological ventures fail because they're too early. You need to time things just right so you're the first one there at the moment the technology becomes viable. In computer games John Carmack gets a lot of credit for his ingenious rendering engines but his most important skill was almost perfectly exploiting the current hardware and never getting ahead or behind. Alta was probably a bit too early. Another five years and you'll likely see an electric that matches gas power to weight.
Yup I agree 100%. They also didn't have much going for them racing wise. The AMA didn't know how to classify them, Loretta's banned them. So they were essentially practice bikes. Only time can tell whether or not these bikes will make a comeback and stay.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

man, this was gonna be my next bike :(
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!