Alta Motors Redshift

Post your suggestions here
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Post by Wahlamt »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:I will say. Unless JLV makes the Alta heavier I see it being an OP dyno with the flat torque curve.
This was also what I thought. Since it's more powerful, you'd have to compensate, and since it's heavier, that'd be great to add too. I'd like to see this bike be as good as the top 250's, not be the dominating bike.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's a tank at 267 lbs. I don't get why they don't have a battery with less run time and less weight for amateur mx. They claim 3 hours of run time which is way more than you need for a 5 lap moto.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Smerwin43

Post by Smerwin43 »

jlv wrote:It's a tank at 267 lbs. I don't get why they don't have a battery with less run time and less weight for amateur mx. They claim 3 hours of run time which is way more than you need for a 5 lap moto.

So is that a yes?
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

jlv wrote:It's a tank at 267 lbs. I don't get why they don't have a battery with less run time and less weight for amateur mx. They claim 3 hours of run time which is way more than you need for a 5 lap moto.
I wonder if the one Josh Hill ran at Straight Rhythm had a smaller capacity battery? If not the performance is quite impressive considering the weight.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

I don't see a problem with jlv giving this a go. It would be interesting to see how it translates into the game. Especially when not a lot of people know how it feels to actually ride one.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Could you imagine 100% torque on pre-rF supercross track traction. :lol:
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

m121c wrote:Could you imagine 100% torque on pre-rF supercross track traction. :lol:
anyone up for some donuts?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote:Could you imagine 100% torque on pre-rF supercross track traction. :lol:
It'd hook up better. You lose traction when the torque ramps up. With the electric curve the torque never increases.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

jlv wrote:
It'd hook up better. You lose traction when the torque ramps up. With the electric curve the torque never increases.
I say do it
m121c

Post by m121c »

jlv wrote:
I think it would be fun to try out in game. If you made the Dyno curve, I may be interested in making a model.. without an engine it would take no time at all.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Soooooo hyped on this rn.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

JLV please do this!! So long as its implemented properly, proper curve, proper weight, no clutch, no gears, I think it would be such a cool thing to try out!

Does the game as is have any gyro/inertia effects from the engine? Or is it just wheel gyro? If it does, then it would be interesting to also see the difference with the Alta.
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The game only does wheel gyro.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

I'm excited af
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

m121c wrote:I may be interested in making a model.. without an engine it would take no time at all.
Yeah, but it'd probably crack your screen just by how ugly it is. What genius had the idea of hiring Acerbis to design plastics :lol: :roll:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like