Alta Motors Redshift

Post your suggestions here
User avatar
motokid499
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: Versus-PC.com
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby motokid499 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:03 am

jlv wrote:Maybe, but not until multiplayer erode and scripting are done.


sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D :D :D :D
Tanner Rogers

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 5792
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Wahlamt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:33 am

motokid499 wrote:
jlv wrote:Maybe, but not until multiplayer erode and scripting are done.


sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D :D :D :D

Scripting hopefully :D

Mr. Wiggles
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Team: MXGH/TGP

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Mr. Wiggles » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
motokid499 wrote:
jlv wrote:Maybe, but not until multiplayer erode and scripting are done.


sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D :D :D :D

Scripting hopefully :D

Can't wait for the scripting
#mosthatedoneinmxsim
Image #nobodysafe

User avatar
funkychicken
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:34 pm
Team: CG Motorsports
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby funkychicken » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
motokid499 wrote:
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D :D :D :D

Scripting hopefully :D

Can't wait for the scripting

can someone explain what the scripting is to a noob like me?
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |

Mr. Wiggles
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Team: MXGH/TGP

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Mr. Wiggles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:32 pm

funkychicken wrote:
Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Scripting hopefully :D

Can't wait for the scripting

can someone explain what the scripting is to a noob like me?

So we can do even doper shit
#mosthatedoneinmxsim
Image #nobodysafe

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 5792
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Wahlamt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 am

funkychicken wrote:
Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Scripting hopefully :D

Can't wait for the scripting

can someone explain what the scripting is to a noob like me?

Event triggered things for example. Or the custom pitboard JLV teased us with like 6 years ago :p

User avatar
mxsrider96
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am
Team: PoGo
Location: Indiana

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby mxsrider96 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Scripting will make the fireworks shows at supercross events possible (I believe). It can also make the timing tower statue actually update in real time, rather than being stuck on the final standings from 2013 supercross. Same with the finish line and the trons around the stadiums. It'll make a lot of shit possible to make the racing experience a lot closer to that of real life. My question is, with erode now available online, would scripting give us quicker access to dynamic lighting and shadows, or are they totally unrelated?
WAR CRY <3

Sun Burn

User avatar
Aaron Hall
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:30 pm
Team: Architech
Location: 0161 Manny on the Map
Contact:

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Aaron Hall » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:30 pm

mxsrider96 wrote:would scripting give us quicker access to dynamic lighting and shadows, or are they totally unrelated?

I think that does come under scripting yes, what i would like to see if wind direction just another thing to consider when hitting a 100ft on a national track
Like my work donate here https://www.paypal.me/AaronHall16
Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12275
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby jlv » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:26 am

Shadows are a separate thing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: TMC Racing
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby dawsonsleeper » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 am

Wahlamt wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:I will say. Unless JLV makes the Alta heavier I see it being an OP dyno with the flat torque curve.

This was also what I thought. Since it's more powerful, you'd have to compensate, and since it's heavier, that'd be great to add too. I'd like to see this bike be as good as the top 250's, not be the dominating bike.


alta is a hell of a lot lighter irl... i dont think weight would be the way to go
scrubsallday351 wrote:We seemed like we were friends until he took me out 10 times in one race for no reason

scrubsallday351 wrote:we worked it out

User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby hvpmvp » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:34 pm

dawsonsleeper wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:I will say. Unless JLV makes the Alta heavier I see it being an OP dyno with the flat torque curve.

This was also what I thought. Since it's more powerful, you'd have to compensate, and since it's heavier, that'd be great to add too. I'd like to see this bike be as good as the top 250's, not be the dominating bike.


alta is a hell of a lot lighter irl... i dont think weight would be the way to go


I think the Alta is heavier, I saw something in a review that it was around 150 pounds.
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Budding Moto Photographer

User avatar
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 2482
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm

dawsonsleeper wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:I will say. Unless JLV makes the Alta heavier I see it being an OP dyno with the flat torque curve.

This was also what I thought. Since it's more powerful, you'd have to compensate, and since it's heavier, that'd be great to add too. I'd like to see this bike be as good as the top 250's, not be the dominating bike.


alta is a hell of a lot lighter irl... i dont think weight would be the way to go


The weight is published on ALTA's website.....

267 LBS

A KTM is 216 LBS without fuel so add roughly 10 LBS for a full tank.. The ALTA is 40 LBS heavier....

User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby hvpmvp » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:15 pm

hvpmvp wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:This was also what I thought. Since it's more powerful, you'd have to compensate, and since it's heavier, that'd be great to add too. I'd like to see this bike be as good as the top 250's, not be the dominating bike.


alta is a hell of a lot lighter irl... i dont think weight would be the way to go


I think the Alta is heavier, I saw something in a review that it was around 150 pounds.


I meant around 250
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Budding Moto Photographer

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: TMC Racing
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby dawsonsleeper » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:This was also what I thought. Since it's more powerful, you'd have to compensate, and since it's heavier, that'd be great to add too. I'd like to see this bike be as good as the top 250's, not be the dominating bike.


alta is a hell of a lot lighter irl... i dont think weight would be the way to go


The weight is published on ALTA's website.....

267 LBS

A KTM is 216 LBS without fuel so add roughly 10 LBS for a full tank.. The ALTA is 40 LBS heavier....


really? jesus id assume itd be a lot lighter since there is no engine lmao
scrubsallday351 wrote:We seemed like we were friends until he took me out 10 times in one race for no reason

scrubsallday351 wrote:we worked it out

User avatar
Hi Im Skyqe
Posts: 2482
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:52 pm
Team: wat

Re: Alta Motors Redshift

Postby Hi Im Skyqe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 pm

dawsonsleeper wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:
alta is a hell of a lot lighter irl... i dont think weight would be the way to go


The weight is published on ALTA's website.....

267 LBS

A KTM is 216 LBS without fuel so add roughly 10 LBS for a full tank.. The ALTA is 40 LBS heavier....


really? jesus id assume itd be a lot lighter since there is no engine lmao


Image

It has a electric motor and a huge battery pack! :lol:


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests