Section gates (similar to timing gates)

Post your suggestions here
Ddavis

Section gates (similar to timing gates)

Post by Ddavis »

It would be a great feature if we could get section gates, placed similarly to timing gates. I think it would be really cool to get sectioned times on each track, specifically for the outdoor series. Personally I'll feel really quick on certain sections of a track, but also be significantly off the pace. It would be really interesting to see where you are quicker, or slower, based off the section gates. They do this irl, and I think it would be a cool feature on mx sim.
Ddavis

Re: Section gates (similar to timing gates)

Post by Ddavis »

In case you can't figure it out, section gates would be sectioned times. For example each section would approximately be 20-30 seconds, and there would be 3-5 of them in a lap.
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

This would be a cool idea, and you mean these times will be posted on rF qualifying page and such? That would be pretty sick!
JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by JackGat369 »

Sick idea!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I've brought this up somewhere else and JLV basically turned it down. Don't think he thinks it's work it. (probably takes up results hard drive space). I've also asked Wheels to create a results page just for this. He hasn't said no.
He has put up live timing before that included sector times but the issue was being able to review your times after your moto. They weren't saved anywhere. So once you started a new lap or a new race, poof went your sector times.
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

barrington314 wrote:I've brought this up somewhere else and JLV basically turned it down. Don't think he thinks it's work it. (probably takes up results hard drive space). I've also asked Wheels to create a results page just for this. He hasn't said no.
He has put up live timing before that included sector times but the issue was being able to review your times after your moto. They weren't saved anywhere. So once you started a new lap or a new race, poof went your sector times.
Do you think Wheels will try make a page for it? Like in the future?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I thought of this because I felt like I was just as fast as anyone on certain sections of High Point, but clearly was off the pace. I was interested to see what part of the track I could gain time on, and this would definitely help to see where you are losing (or gaining) time and by how much. Glad you guys agree it would be a cool feature.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

I came here to ask about the same thing. I would love split times. Even if they where just 1/4 of the track each. It would be nice to have a guage on whats faster on each section.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

blind bryan wrote:I came here to ask about the same thing. I would love split times. Even if they where just 1/4 of the track each. It would be nice to have a guage on whats faster on each section.
Time trial is useful for that
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

mxsrider96 wrote:
blind bryan wrote:I came here to ask about the same thing. I would love split times. Even if they where just 1/4 of the track each. It would be nice to have a guage on whats faster on each section.
Cross-referencing demos with section times would be good.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

mxsrider96 wrote:
It would be nice to compare yourself to a guy like Jesse or Tysen though to see where you're losing time to them.