Unlinking bike skins from dynos

Post your suggestions here
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Unlinking bike skins from dynos

Post by Rayvenator »

Is there a point in this day and age to actually link bike skins to different dynos?
Why isnt the skins just standalone, unlinked to any dyno. This way people can switch freely between dynos mid-season if they want instead of making a teampack huuuuuge just because maybe someone wanted more than one dyno.

I can maybe see a point in linking the skins to a bike size. So you link your skin to either 250, 350/450 or twostrokes.

Maybe I´m missing the whole point of this but it would make some things smoother.

Taking myself as an example. I run the fc450 dyno normally. This is of course because when you need that little extra power for say a big jump or a long uphill its really nice when you dont have the cornerspeed of Mullins or Fresquez. However when a track doesnt have those things and maybe is more on the slippery and techincal side maybe I´d rather have the yz450 or crf450. I can still run the fc450 of course as its not that big of a deal but I might feel slightly more comfortable with those less powerful dynos. Not enough to warrant an extra 20-30-40mb (or however big another bike is) in our already large teampack so I just go with the fc450. Both for my sake because I wanna ride our really nice bikes but also for people who took the time to download our packs to actually get to see us. It´s really annoying when you download a 700mb teampack and then at the next race you cant see half of that teams riders bikes or gear because they happened to wanna change it.

This is a very small thing I know but I feel linking the skins to one specific dyno doesnt accomplish anything. Maybe this is a coding problem that I dont understand but hey, please explain because I´d be happy to know :P

Captain out -
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Re: Unlinking bike skins from dynos

Post by AHeckman2 »

This is a great idea
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

This is a great idea! I also switch between the fc450 and crf450 dyno.

Maybe there is a way that we can just name jms and pngs like this ''450v2017-XXX-XXX.png'' and so on and that would put the skins on all 450 dynos.

+1 for the idea Christoffer!
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

please
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

jonracer594 wrote:This is a great idea! I also switch between the fc450 and crf450 dyno.

Maybe there is a way that we can just name jms and pngs like this ''450v2017-XXX-XXX.png'' and so on and that would put the skins on all 450 dynos.

jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Bump
Rowdy_155
Team: MotoP
Location: on the corner working for a new bicycle and pooping

Post by Rowdy_155 »

Please
I Race Moto
Xkxmotokid
Team: Full Throttle

Post by Xkxmotokid »

jonracer594 wrote:This is a great idea! I also switch between the fc450 and crf450 dyno.

+1 Please JLV!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, if I could come up with a fancy AI image recognition function that could tell which brand the skin is I'd probably force the skins match the dyno. A Honda skin on a KTM is an abomination!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'd like to see that jlv!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

yzmxer608 wrote:I'd like to see that jlv!
+1
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I'd like to see that jlv!
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

jlv wrote:Actually, if I could come up with a fancy AI image recognition function that could tell which brand the skin is I'd probably force the skins match the dyno. A Honda skin on a KTM is an abomination!
Better get working on those TM dynos ;)