Steam ?

Post your suggestions here
minimath4
Team: Privateer

Steam ?

Post by minimath4 »

Have you ever thought about putting the game on steam?
damon99
Team: MXSG

Re: Steam ?

Post by damon99 »

All I see when I imagine this is crappy reviews from people who try to play the game for 2 hours then get a refund. This game is very difficult for the average person to pick up and play. So I personally don't see the point of it being on steam.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

minimath4 wrote:Have you ever thought about putting the game on steam?
I think the publicity is worth it. Marketing is everything and with the internet today it's so easy to get word out there. I just found this game this year and started playing it (I wish I found it sooner). There is a market out there for MX games let alone one that is difficult. Dark Souls (An RPG based series but is also very hard) as done great and it latest Game "Dark Souls 3" was a huge success and it sold a ton of copies.

I think if JLV would do it the game would expand. I'm not sure if he works or goes to school on top of dealing with the game but if it did take off he could still manage it but it wouldn't be the same and maybe that's why the game is more at a low key smaller level and he seems to be ok with it.

The game as seen a ton of progression in the last few years (Based on the demo tracks to the newly released tracks) but over a decade is a long time.

-Jake
RevLimiter
Team: Its my forum name

Post by RevLimiter »

damon99 wrote:All I see when I imagine this is crappy reviews from people who try to play the game for 2 hours then get a refund. This game is very difficult for the average person to pick up and play. So I personally don't see the point of it being on steam.
^ This.

This game is only going to appeal to MX fans. It's a very difficult game lake Damon said and all the steam players are going to be looking for an arcade game, not a simulator of something they probably won't even begin to understand. This game is big enough, IMO. All it will achieve is bad reviews and angry people saying it sucks because they can't go a lap without crashing over every jump and corner.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I bet more 12 year old would buy it and the community would be even fuller of small kids that doesn't know how to behave. No thanks for me.
Abear944
Team: Yogi Designs

Post by Abear944 »

Wahlamt wrote:I bet more 12 year old would buy it and the community would be even fuller of small kids that doesn't know how to behave. No thanks for me.
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

Abear944 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:I bet more 12 year old would buy it and the community would be even fuller of small kids that doesn't know how to behave. No thanks for me.
+1
2018-2019 AUSMX 250 National Champion
Im washed up :roll:
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Lol, Most of the community is 13 years old as it is off of steam.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Finalmushroom wrote:Lol, Most of the community is 13 years old as it is off of steam.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Atom6246 wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:Lol, Most of the community is 13 years old as it is off of steam.
Ok ok, hear me out here.
They act 13.

There, we agree. :mrgreen:
Uollie

Post by Uollie »

I'd definitely prefer it to be on Steam. I've spent too many years with this game and other games messing with installing patches/mods/skins the manual way. I don't really agree with any of the reasons I've seen posted about why it shouldn't be published to Steam.

Aside from that, I'd rather spend my time efficiently and just subscribe one time through the Steam Workshop to a track/skin/model whatever and Steam updates the files for me whenever the content creator updates it. I don't like worrying about if my stuff is up to date or trying to be neat with folder organization.

Also, I want to see how many hours I put in this game (steam tracks playtime).
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Uollie wrote: I want to see how many hours I put in this game (steam tracks playtime).
This is legit all I want lol
Tanner Rogers