Setup locked to team bike

Post your suggestions here
Ddavis

Setup locked to team bike

Post by Ddavis »

Is it possible to have a setup locked to a certain bike? This would add a bit of prestige of getting on a good team, and the obvious answer is "people would just ride other team bikes", well that's where you'd add a feature to make bikes hidden in-game other than your own (if that makes any sense), where the only way you have access to a certain bike for example is by having it linked to certain UIDs (or something?). I don't know if you guys really understand, but for example I'm watching the IB-Corp video and it would be sick to do that where up-and-coming riders would get the chance to see what pro suspension setups are like, but a lot of people would steal the setup then go join their friends team.

Review of what I'm trying to get out to you guys:

-When you create a bike you can save a suspension setup specifically for that team skin (somehow link it to the JM name)
-You'd have the ability to edit the suspension and adjust it, but you'd always have that default suspension to go back to if you go in the wrong direction.
-Your decision to join teams might switch to who has the best suspension/quality of team rather than who just has the most expensive bike model.
-Not sure if possible but somehow make it where only certain people have the ability to see skins in game, and you can only see your skins. Perhaps a special password for the riders section to unlock your skins in game then other teams will have their own password where you can't access their skins in game but will still be able to see them in game.

If this isn't anything that seems logical in looking into jlv then sorry for wasting the man the myth the legends time :wink:
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Re: Setup locked to team bike

Post by Brock1198 »

Ddavis wrote:Is it possible to have a setup locked to a certain bike? This would add a bit of prestige of getting on a good team, and the obvious answer is "people would just ride other team bikes", well that's where you'd add a feature to make bikes hidden in-game other than your own (if that makes any sense), where the only way you have access to a certain bike for example is by having it linked to certain UIDs (or something?). I don't know if you guys really understand, but for example I'm watching the IB-Corp video and it would be sick to do that where up-and-coming riders would get the chance to see what pro suspension setups are like, but a lot of people would steal the setup then go join their friends team.

Review of what I'm trying to get out to you guys:

-When you create a bike you can save a suspension setup specifically for that team skin (somehow link it to the JM name)
-You'd have the ability to edit the suspension and adjust it, but you'd always have that default suspension to go back to if you go in the wrong direction.
-Your decision to join teams might switch to who has the best suspension/quality of team rather than who just has the most expensive bike model.
-Not sure if possible but somehow make it where only certain people have the ability to see skins in game, and you can only see your skins. Perhaps a special password for the riders section to unlock your skins in game then other teams will have their own password where you can't access their skins in game but will still be able to see them in game.

If this isn't anything that seems logical in looking into jlv then sorry for wasting the man the myth the legends time :wink:
Kinda sounds like this could be setup in scripting. i think jlv is said he might be working on it.
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: Setup locked to team bike

Post by sethiemeboi »

Ddavis wrote:add a feature to make bikes hidden in-game other than your own
i was going to suggest this a long time ago but never did in fear of getting my life ended.. i think this would be dope for kids with low tier PCs