some kind of qualifying mode or some shit

Post your suggestions here
Crushed Dissenter

some kind of qualifying mode or some shit

Post by 808 »

Make it to where you can set your server to "practice" mode or "qualifying" mode, which makes the race not a race anymore, and rather just an endless qualifying session. When you join the server, you aren't in warmup mode, you just spawn right in and could start running laps. Even if you couldn't use this for qualifying, it would be cool to not have to restart everytime somebody joins, or waiting for some dumb fuck that just won't rr for some reason. Prolly a shit idea but whatever, i'm gonna keep coming up with shit ideas until one of them sets in.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
barrington314
Team: me

Re: some kind of qualifying mode or some shit

Post by barrington314 »

I've actually brought this up before and I think it got JLV's input. I forget what it was though. If you search hard enough, maybe you'll come across it.
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

+1
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Quail sessions have to finish at some point as qualify times come from the server index page off mxsimualtor.com
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

Although, if JLV could figure out how to make it happen, it’d be extra fire addition to the racing scene :lol:
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

well what if we had like 30 minutes sessions and when someone joined, they could be immediatley put in with out a restart. then after 30 min, the white flag would come out and then the "race" could restart and the times would be grabbed for qualifying?
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

dawsonsleeper wrote:well what if we had like 30 minutes sessions and when someone joined, they could be immediatley put in with out a restart. then after 30 min, the white flag would come out and then the "race" could restart and the times would be grabbed for qualifying?
It would be nice to know how many riders need to finish for the 'final results' to appear. After 29 mins would I be able to join the server and get a white flag after the 30 minute mark of the servers current race? Or would I have to do as many laps as whoever is in "first" at the time to be able to get white flag first?

Say 7 people start the 20 min session. 2 are left after 13 mins but both are just sitting and have been since let's say 7 mins or lap 4 and are AFK for whatever reason. I join in at 14:26, run a lap would I get the white flag? Or would I have to do the 3 laps and pass leader on lap 4 then get the white flag?

Also the issue could be entirely different and for some reason the game and/or servers dont allow us to join without being in warmup.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

DP but we could test this ourselves. Excluding the joining in issue.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

DABZZZ wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:well what if we had like 30 minutes sessions and when someone joined, they could be immediatley put in with out a restart. then after 30 min, the white flag would come out and then the "race" could restart and the times would be grabbed for qualifying?
It would be nice to know how many riders need to finish for the 'final results' to appear. After 29 mins would I be able to join the server and get a white flag after the 30 minute mark of the servers current race? Or would I have to do as many laps as whoever is in "first" at the time to be able to get white flag first?

Say 7 people start the 20 min session. 2 are left after 13 mins but both are just sitting and have been since let's say 7 mins or lap 4 and are AFK for whatever reason. I join in at 14:26, run a lap would I get the white flag? Or would I have to do the 3 laps and pass leader on lap 4 then get the white flag?

Also the issue could be entirely different and for some reason the game and/or servers dont allow us to join without being in warmup.
well i think it would be like irl qualifying, there is really no leader so once the 30 minutes is up, the white flag comes up for everyone who passes it. then once the riders in the server restart the race, then the times will be sent to EMF or whatever the race is hosted on.

p.s. EMF can we pls make AFKs go invis in servers? ppl in the middle of the track is rlly annoying.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

dawsonsleeper wrote:well i think it would be like irl qualifying, there is really no leader so once the 30 minutes is up, the white flag comes up for everyone who passes it. then once the riders in the server restart the race, then the times will be sent to EMF or whatever the race is hosted on
So basically the exact same thing as it is now but slightly different for some reason? I was thinking more like the session literally never ends until the server admin pulls the checkered flag or the server shuts down, and you could just hop in the server, automatically be in race mode, run a lap and leave without the race finishing, knowing it got sent to emf.
dawsonsleeper wrote:p.s. EMF can we pls make AFKs go invis in servers? ppl in the middle of the track is rlly annoying.
That's already a thing bud-o
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

808 wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:well i think it would be like irl qualifying, there is really no leader so once the 30 minutes is up, the white flag comes up for everyone who passes it. then once the riders in the server restart the race, then the times will be sent to EMF or whatever the race is hosted on
So basically the exact same thing as it is now but slightly different for some reason? I was thinking more like the session literally never ends until the server admin pulls the checkered flag or the server shuts down, and you could just hop in the server, automatically be in race mode, run a lap and leave without the race finishing, knowing it got sent to emf.
dawsonsleeper wrote:p.s. EMF can we pls make AFKs go invis in servers? ppl in the middle of the track is rlly annoying.
That's already a thing bud-o
not in 800 lol.

I was basically saying that we should just have 30 minutes sessions but you can join in and start turning laps and have them count, but as CJ said the race has to be ended and restarted for the laps to count so after 30 minutes the riders will be given the white flag, and once everyone finishes the race will restart or the players in the server can restart it.
Mxkid823
Team: SPINC

Post by Mxkid823 »

Brought this up awhile ago and still wish it was a thing ever week we do qualifying

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 12#p779712
2019 BRMXS Amat Supercross Part 1 [NA] 450SX Champion
3 - rF Amateur [NA] SX Wins (Oakland & Houston 2019; Atlanta 2020)
1 - MXSEMF Amateur [NA] SX Win (Minneapolis 2019)
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Here's a JLV responses regarding this from back in 2012:
jlv wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:What you guys don't understand is that with the open server whenever someone needs to connect the game would have to load their skins into memory, meaning about a 1 second glitch every time a person joins. I dare you get get a clean hot lap in while contending with that. :)
Could just make it use someone else's model. It would be better than a glitch anyway. It sure is simpler not to have to go back and edit in the late joiners in the demos and results though.