In Game Statue Revamp

Post your suggestions here
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

In Game Statue Revamp

Post by AtlasZoor »

I’m going to get straight to the point. With the current in game editor statue movement and customization is very lacking. There is no way to rotate objects, no way to change height without exiting the game, no way to make the object separate from the terrain. I feel like with these things it really constricts the creativity of the builder.

Creating a way to rotate, change height, and separate the object from the terrain will greatly improve the overall quality diversity of the environment. I feel it could at another level for what people can do and provide new ways of building. Creating fallen trees by being able to rotate objects or being able to stack tires by changing the hight of the object. It is a very much needed mechanic just needs to be put into the game.

For instance, when I was trying to create a rock cliff and it was extremely difficult. Going in and out of the game trying to find the right hight of each rock was paintstaking. It ultimately just gave up because I couldn’t handle waiting a minute just for the track to load up and it not being at the right hight. (I know I’m unpatient)

Also being able to make the arrow separate from the actual statue would be very cool - (I don’t know if this is possible because I’m pretty sure the arrow is connected in some way with the jm’s) but this would not be a problem if we could separate the object from the terrain.

In the end it is a very long overdue feature that would just be nice to have!

Thanks
-Evan
P.s jlv please add a god damn redo button too :)
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Re: In Game Statue Revamp

Post by Aaron Hall »

You can already rotate an object 360 degrees, I am presuming you mean you want it on some sort of angle? . If you learn't blender you could easily rotate objects however you would like, or create a bump in the terrain.

You can also make your object vertical at all times already even on a hill in the code of your statue file.

You are already able to make adjustments in notepadd++ without having to restart you game to see changes think the command is /forcerestart or something like that, watch Checkers' stream and he uses all the time to reload the terrain once he has made changes.

Your rock cliff would defiantly be a lot quicker to make in blender and most likely be easier on your pc.

The arrow your referring to is the pivot point of a statue again you can change it in blender to where you want your pivot point.

The redo button is a weird one because technically we do have a redo button which goes back 5 times, but when making ruts with raise and lower tool you soon go over 5 maybe be able to increase that number maybe to 10 or something would help.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Aaron Hall wrote:You can already rotate an object 360 degrees, I am presuming you mean you want it on some sort of angle? . If you learn't blender you could easily rotate objects however you would like, or create a bump in the terrain.

You can also make your object vertical at all times already even on a hill in the code of your statue file.

You are already able to make adjustments in notepadd++ without having to restart you game to see changes think the command is /forcerestart or something like that, watch Checkers' stream and he uses all the time to reload the terrain once he has made changes.

Your rock cliff would defiantly be a lot quicker to make in blender and most likely be easier on your pc.

The arrow your referring to is the pivot point of a statue again you can change it in blender to where you want your pivot point.

The redo button is a weird one because technically we do have a redo button which goes back 5 times, but when making ruts with raise and lower tool you soon go over 5 maybe be able to increase that number maybe to 10 or something would help.
I understand you can rotate objects in blender. But just for making tire stacks or making an object look like it leaning up against something. I feel it would just be time consuming for something that doesn’t really need to be done but just would be a nice addition to have in the editor. Also how hard would he be to have some sort of slider for hight in the editor?

With the redo button I think your talking about undo. If use the undo button there is no way to redo what you deleted.

Also I have never used the force restart command but I will try it thanks!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

/forcereload
Also set rotation to -10 in np++ to always have it straight up no matter what ground it's on.