Better AI

Post your suggestions here
User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing
Location: Michigan, U.S.A
Contact:

Better AI

Postby hvpmvp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:56 pm

I think it would be fun. On Daytona I put AI on the track and they were super slow in corners and couldn’t get rhythms, so I think it would be cool if JLV added smarter, faster, etc. AI. With the AI now, even on the stock tracks, I can beat expert AI on 450’s when I’m on a 50. Thanks!
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Moto Photographer

DABZZZ
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm
Team: Vibe+
Location: Your Moms Meat Cave

Re: Better AI

Postby DABZZZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Since all tracks are custom made, it’s up to the creators to train their AI. There is a few commands you can use to do it yourself found on this page viewtopic.php?t=13510

I’d read down a little bit, JLV and a couple other went in depth on the majority of these commands. Stuff like AI practice and possibly AI warp commands are what your looking for. I generally play online with already trained opponents or if offer more help lol
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds

User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing
Location: Michigan, U.S.A
Contact:

Re: Better AI

Postby hvpmvp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:07 pm

DABZZZ wrote:Since all tracks are custom made, it’s up to the creators to train their AI. There is a few commands you can use to do it yourself found on this page viewtopic.php?t=13510

I’d read down a little bit, JLV and a couple other went in depth on the majority of these commands. Stuff like AI practice and possibly AI warp commands are what your looking for. I generally play online with already trained opponents or if offer more help lol

I’ve used those commands before but even then the AI still are pretty terrible, but maybe I just need to let the AI practice for a couple hours.
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Moto Photographer

DABZZZ
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm
Team: Vibe+
Location: Your Moms Meat Cave

Re: Better AI

Postby DABZZZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:08 pm

hvpmvp wrote:
DABZZZ wrote:Since all tracks are custom made, it’s up to the creators to train their AI. There is a few commands you can use to do it yourself found on this page viewtopic.php?t=13510

I’d read down a little bit, JLV and a couple other went in depth on the majority of these commands. Stuff like AI practice and possibly AI warp commands are what your looking for. I generally play online with already trained opponents or if offer more help lol

I’ve used those commands before but even then the AI still are pretty terrible, but maybe I just need to let the AI practice for a couple hours.


Like I said I’m unsure how most of it works, I jus know it’s there lol I rarely play offline.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds

User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing
Location: Michigan, U.S.A
Contact:

Re: Better AI

Postby hvpmvp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:11 pm

DABZZZ wrote:
hvpmvp wrote:
DABZZZ wrote:Since all tracks are custom made, it’s up to the creators to train their AI. There is a few commands you can use to do it yourself found on this page viewtopic.php?t=13510

I’d read down a little bit, JLV and a couple other went in depth on the majority of these commands. Stuff like AI practice and possibly AI warp commands are what your looking for. I generally play online with already trained opponents or if offer more help lol

I’ve used those commands before but even then the AI still are pretty terrible, but maybe I just need to let the AI practice for a couple hours.


Like I said I’m unsure how most of it works, I jus know it’s there lol I rarely play offline.


Lol, I would play online a lot more but my computer is pretty terrible. :cry:
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Moto Photographer

DABZZZ
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm
Team: Vibe+
Location: Your Moms Meat Cave

Re: Better AI

Postby DABZZZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:43 pm

hvpmvp wrote:
Lol, I would play online a lot more but my computer is pretty terrible. :cry:


There’s a few little tricks you can do to maximize performance if you haven’t already tried messing with your settings as well as deleting particular objects out of track folders. I’ll post detailed pics and stuff once I’m able to get on my computer. Maybe that’ll help.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds

User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing
Location: Michigan, U.S.A
Contact:

Re: Better AI

Postby hvpmvp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:09 pm

DABZZZ wrote:
hvpmvp wrote:
Lol, I would play online a lot more but my computer is pretty terrible. :cry:


There’s a few little tricks you can do to maximize performance if you haven’t already tried messing with your settings as well as deleting particular objects out of track folders. I’ll post detailed pics and stuff once I’m able to get on my computer. Maybe that’ll help.

Deleting objects is actually another reason I can’t play online on some tracks. :D . My graphics in sim are on high FPS with model detail on like 0 so I can get half decent FPS on supercross tracks. I’m looking for a good beginner prebuilt PC to replace my toshiba laptop.
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Moto Photographer

User avatar
mxsrider96
Posts: 3570
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:15 am
Team: PoGo
Location: Indiana

Re: Better AI

Postby mxsrider96 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Turn your model geo detail to 2. That'll make it so models don't show up if you're not so close to them (I'm guessing 2 feet?) With it on 2, you can still see the gate
WAR CRY <3

Sun Burn

User avatar
hvpmvp
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm
Team: DHP Racing
Location: Michigan, U.S.A
Contact:

Re: Better AI

Postby hvpmvp » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:24 pm

mxsrider96 wrote:Turn your model geo detail to 2. That'll make it so models don't show up if you're not so close to them (I'm guessing 2 feet?) With it on 2, you can still see the gate

Thanks, I’ll try it!
DHP Racing Co-Founder
KX 100 Rider
Moto Photographer


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests