"Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Post your suggestions here
toslide
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:53 pm
Team: Privateer

"Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby toslide » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Instead of janky legs off when you probably shouldn't have legs off why not just be stunned and have bar lock or something. Obviously massive OJ's deserve legs off but there could be an in-between. Bar lock, throttle locked out for an amount of time, brakes locked out for an amount of time, or something of the sort.

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: NovaGFX
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby dawsonsleeper » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:23 am

not really realistic tho. irl you just fall over

User avatar
Dumbbelly29
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:29 am

I'd agree w this, falloffs need looking into as I still regularly get weird crashes, I can OJ a 100ft jump to flat but if I land sat down leant forward and heavy on the front wheel, I'm fine... but trying to jump onto an on-off out of a corner can sometimes make me go legs off even if I just clip the landing with my rear wheel... the g's required to go legs off are much easier to hit if you land on the gas - which makes little sense when in irl the best way to survive an oj is rear wheel first with power on hard....
Image

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Wahlamt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:11 am

If you go off that random/easy, your setup is wrong. I have no issues and rarely get any weird falloffs anymore, you just need to learn how to handle it.

I disagree with this. Learn to time the jump instead. All of what you suggested are just as bad as you may brake hard in front of someone else or perhaps just tbone them.

User avatar
Dumbbelly29
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:57 pm

i have tried many different setups and get the same with them all, i don't even have to put full weight on the rear wheel... sometimes i can just clip the edge with my rear wheel and i will go legs off before my front wheel even touches the floor
Image

toslide
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:53 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby toslide » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Wahlamt wrote:If you go off that random/easy, your setup is wrong. I have no issues and rarely get any weird falloffs anymore, you just need to learn how to handle it.

I disagree with this. Learn to time the jump instead. All of what you suggested are just as bad as you may brake hard in front of someone else or perhaps just tbone them.


So you basically just admitted there's a problem to be addressed and you found a work around in your setup lol. Irl my legs flying off the bike is not determined by how many rebound clicks I have on my forks/shock. If i OJ in real life my head hits the bar pad and i get stunned for a second unless its really bad and eat it and fly off the bike. Im saying some amount of G's or however its determined should make the rider stunned momentarily. Lets say G's are recorded on a scale of 1-10. 1-5, nothing happens. 6-7 you get stunned. 8 and up legs off. There should be an in between, rarely you see people in real life totally eating sh*t from "hard" landings. You smack your face and gather yourself and keep going happens all the time.

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Wahlamt » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 pm

toslide wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:If you go off that random/easy, your setup is wrong. I have no issues and rarely get any weird falloffs anymore, you just need to learn how to handle it.

I disagree with this. Learn to time the jump instead. All of what you suggested are just as bad as you may brake hard in front of someone else or perhaps just tbone them.


So you basically just admitted there's a problem to be addressed and you found a work around in your setup lol.

No. I have not found a work around, I just know that I tried whoever it was setup and it made my legs fall off. The same setup I've been using for the last .. 1.5 years at least works fine. However I do think that some pro (or something) setups are made for something that that may penalized for example coming up short on table tops, as well how you handle coming up might be a factor. Another thing to consider here is that the tracks are overscaled compared to real life, as well as in real life they might not be quading up onto a table top, where as here people expect that to work fine, even with coming up slightly short.

TL;DR If the tracks were more realistic in size and people rode accordingly, we wouldn't have this issue.

User avatar
Dumbbelly29
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Image
Image

Legs off before my front wheel even touched the floor, shame i didn't remember to save demo but a couple races prior i landed the big triple on the upramp of the next hip/corner jump thing and survived sat down front end first, not that i needed it there's plenty of proof all over the forums... surely flat landing 150ft+ to flat no matter where you are on the bike will give more g force than the above...
Image

User avatar
Dumbbelly29
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Image

I shouldnt have landed that if i didnt land the first one i posted...
And i don't THINK i should have gone insta legs off on the second hit... no body part came close to the floor, unless spin generated g force some how?
Image

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: NovaGFX
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby dawsonsleeper » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Wahlamt wrote:If you go off that random/easy, your setup is wrong. I have no issues and rarely get any weird falloffs anymore, you just need to learn how to handle it.

I disagree with this. Learn to time the jump instead. All of what you suggested are just as bad as you may brake hard in front of someone else or perhaps just tbone them.

alotta people have problems with this. i saw so many people barely clip that triple on at PHX this year and go legs off when they really shoulda landed it.

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: NovaGFX
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby dawsonsleeper » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 pm

like you can frame a triple and ride out but cant clip an on off in 2nd gear?

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Wahlamt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 am

Dumbbelly29 wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/89dd04a16059b5c469cf695b31152ed4.gif
https://i.gyazo.com/9b58978e9007718e6c12b8593b84b272.png

Legs off before my front wheel even touched the floor, shame i didn't remember to save demo but a couple races prior i landed the big triple on the upramp of the next hip/corner jump thing and survived sat down front end first, not that i needed it there's plenty of proof all over the forums... surely flat landing 150ft+ to flat no matter where you are on the bike will give more g force than the above...

You're leaning back back just as you land making the impact even worse. If you'd leaned forward it's unlikely it'd happened.

User avatar
Dumbbelly29
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Dumbbelly29 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
Dumbbelly29 wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/89dd04a16059b5c469cf695b31152ed4.gif
https://i.gyazo.com/9b58978e9007718e6c12b8593b84b272.png

Legs off before my front wheel even touched the floor, shame i didn't remember to save demo but a couple races prior i landed the big triple on the upramp of the next hip/corner jump thing and survived sat down front end first, not that i needed it there's plenty of proof all over the forums... surely flat landing 150ft+ to flat no matter where you are on the bike will give more g force than the above...

You're leaning back back just as you land making the impact even worse. If you'd leaned forward it's unlikely it'd happened.


Image

Taken the frame before i go legs off... rear wheel through the floor, i was touching the floor... i'm completely neutral on the bike. the legs off made my legs swing back & up in the air...

regardless of this crash alone, partly your advice & everyone on the forum says to avoid crashing when you OJ... lean forward, sit down, and land heavy on your front wheel (and stay off the throttle). IRL you would wanna stay neutral, land rear wheel heavy with the gas on hard to convert the downward force.. so where is the similarity there?
Image

User avatar
HarryWhite71
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:21 am
Team: TMFR
Location: United Kingdom

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby HarryWhite71 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 pm

you guys just gotta get gud
Image

Finalmushroom
Posts: 302
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:43 pm
Team: Privateer
Location: Pacific North West

Re: "Flatland" fall off sensitivity

Postby Finalmushroom » Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Dumbbelly29 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Dumbbelly29 wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/89dd04a16059b5c469cf695b31152ed4.gif
https://i.gyazo.com/9b58978e9007718e6c12b8593b84b272.png

Legs off before my front wheel even touched the floor, shame i didn't remember to save demo but a couple races prior i landed the big triple on the upramp of the next hip/corner jump thing and survived sat down front end first, not that i needed it there's plenty of proof all over the forums... surely flat landing 150ft+ to flat no matter where you are on the bike will give more g force than the above...

You're leaning back back just as you land making the impact even worse. If you'd leaned forward it's unlikely it'd happened.


Image

Taken the frame before i go legs off... rear wheel through the floor, i was touching the floor... i'm completely neutral on the bike. the legs off made my legs swing back & up in the air...

regardless of this crash alone, partly your advice & everyone on the forum says to avoid crashing when you OJ... lean forward, sit down, and land heavy on your front wheel (and stay off the throttle). IRL you would wanna stay neutral, land rear wheel heavy with the gas on hard to convert the downward force.. so where is the similarity there?



I have the same issue with the game but you just have to learn what the game wants and not do what you do in real life. It's a hard thing to accept. lol. This game isn't 100% perfect and matched to real life riding. Most of the community doesn't ride and therefore don't have that instinct. :roll:

Jk, but really man. You're arguing to kids who will tell you to get good vs pushing the creator to make some changes to the physics of the game.

My advice is just to learn what the game wants and do that! Then go out and ride in real life!! You gotta separate the two.

-Jake


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests