Dyno specific dimensions

Post your suggestions here
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Dyno specific dimensions

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

use real life data to change the pivot point locations of each dyno... so frame geo in game matches IRL... could be done with old dynos becoming legacy & new ones as v2 or something that sounds more cool/professional....

currently the only difference between 125/250f/450f is power and weight... whereas irl some bikes within a class (125/250etc) weigh different amounts, & have different frame geometry as standard making them stronger and weaker in different places on the track albeit minimal at times it is noticable...

would stop people running the same dyno *
would add more realism
*for modellers, would mean pivot points for bikes in game would match up to bikes in real life **

**would mean that models would only work on their brands dyno in game - otherwise pivot points may not match up correctly

i understand this would render all previous skins entirely obselete, hence the reason for the legacy and updated dynos so they can still be used, but any old models would need updating prior to be usable on new dynos most likely....

i can implement as proof of concept/prototype and getting implemented in game, i'm sure we have enough skilled people here to create stock models to the standard of those already existing & donate source files to be included with the game.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Re: Dyno specific dimensions

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

This is neat
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
SavFinesseCo.

Post by SavFinesseCo. »

+1 Would keep everyone from riding the same bikes
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

SavFinesseCo. wrote:+1 Would keep everyone from riding the same bikes
Until they figure out which on handles best
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

[quote="808"Until they figure out which on handles best[/quote]
Not really. I'm sure some people would give up a little handling for power and vise versa. I think you'd probably see a lot more teams stay on one brand for longer periods of time. But i'm sure jlv has a lot of other things he'd rather get done before messing with this
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

808 wrote:
SavFinesseCo. wrote:+1 Would keep everyone from riding the same bikes
Until they figure out which on handles best
Personally I feel like a lot of teams wouldn't be on the fastest bike though. A lot of players would rather be riding on a smoother bike if it means going through braking bumps better. Like say you lose a little bit of power but you gain a bunch of stability while in breaking bumps or whoops. Or you lose power to be able to turn better. Personally I do think it'd take a very long time to get it to work correctly in game the way that everything should, but if he did get it implemented into the game you'd definitely see some better racing IMO.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

No. Most of the fast guys would just learn how to tune their setups so the fastest bike handles the best it possibly can. You may see more diversity but not much
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn