Multiple Point Linear Gradients

Post your suggestions here
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Multiple Point Linear Gradients

Post by aeffertz »

This would be super helpful for when you're trying to carve a path with turns along hillside.

So right here I'm trying to flatten out the path along a hillside but since it's curved I have to piece together a bunch of straight paths and then blend them together afterwards. It would be so handy if we could create a linear gradient with multiple points (much like the pen tool in PS) and then paint along that path.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Re: Multiple Point Linear Gradients

Post by AtlasZoor »

It would be insane if we could add this. Image how cool and more diverse elevation could be on tracks. Could be so much more natural. only in our dreams :D :D
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wanted this for a few years 8)
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Wahlamt wrote:Wanted this for a few years 8)
Can JLV do it?
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

808 wrote:
Can JLV do it?
Pretty sure yeah, but no idea whether it would take a lot of time or not to make it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Plus, I think the first thing on his mind is to end the Mxsim Space Race.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

808 wrote:Plus, I think the first thing on his mind is to end the Mxsim Space Race.
lmao
BDawg
Team: Underground RC

Post by BDawg »

aeffertz wrote:This would be super helpful for when you're trying to carve a path with turns along hillside.

So right here I'm trying to flatten out the path along a hillside but since it's curved I have to piece together a bunch of straight paths and then blend them together afterwards. It would be so handy if we could create a linear gradient with multiple points (much like the pen tool in PS) and then paint along that path.
Please we need this!
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Right? Every time I start digging into a track I start wishing I had more options to make things easier. :lol:

My apologies if it has already been mentioned.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It'd be a great feature and it's been asked for before. It's a bit complicated to figure out which part of the curve would affect any particular element in the height field but I'm sure I could work something out. It might turn out to be easier to do a mesh editor instead.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

jlv wrote:It'd be a great feature and it's been asked for before. It's a bit complicated to figure out which part of the curve would affect any particular element in the height field but I'm sure I could work something out. It might turn out to be easier to do a mesh editor instead.
Thanks Dad. <3
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!