Erode off with Legs off/Reduced with Low Speeds

Post your suggestions here
Guggen
Team: Privateer

Erode off with Legs off/Reduced with Low Speeds

Post by Guggen »

While practicing tracks by myself I need to turn the erode up in order to create ruts. With the erode higher, one thing Ive noticed is that during crashes the track is deformed heavily almost more so than staying on 2 wheels except it creates nasty bumps all over the place. Another thing I've noticed is that the Ams nationals races get much rougher than the pros. I believe this is because the the pros are far more consistent with line choices and dont crash every other second like the ams, and because of this the am tracks are almost unrideable near the end of the motos. To help fix this I am suggesting turn off erode as soon as someone goes legs off or even reduce erode heavily at lower speeds. Sometimes I see people getting up from a crash and have trouble going straight and they create huge ruts squiggly ruts all over the place.. In real life its far easier to get going again in the direction you want to go, and crashes dont heavily deform the track.
Guggen
Team: Privateer

Re: Erode off with Legs off/Reduced with Low Speeds

Post by Guggen »

An example of what erode does after a crash: https://youtu.be/SKAqwIIaqbw?t=8m36s
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Guggen wrote:An example of what erode does after a crash: https://youtu.be/SKAqwIIaqbw?t=8m36s
It should be partially better now because we are using the speed settings more properly which already exist.

Though I would still be a fan of it turning off if legs are off.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It'll be easy to shut it off when the rider is off. I'll have to take a closer look first to make sure it isn't a symptom of a larger problem.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.