Crashing

Post your suggestions here
KTM57

Re: Crashing

Post by KTM57 »

Clearly not.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

it's rush's outdoors, i don't think he's ever had this problem so why do I lol
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

And it's not like it only happens to me, this crap goes on for just about everyone
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

808 wrote:And it's not like it only happens to me, this crap goes on for just about everyone
Devin needs a new suspension, this has never happened to me
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
808 wrote:And it's not like it only happens to me, this crap goes on for just about everyone
in real life you don't even need suspension at all to jump like that and be fine, you could literally go to walmart and buy a princess mountain bike and it'll work better than this game's suspension. If the game has gotten to the point where you have to buy better suspension setups to be competitive, there's no wonder it's dying
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

808 wrote:in real life you don't even need suspension at all to jump like that and be fine, you could literally go to walmart and buy a princess mountain bike and it'll work better than this game's suspension. If the game has gotten to the point where you have to buy better suspension setups to be competitive, there's no wonder it's dying
I think your technique just sucks to be totally honest with you
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Does that mean that devin's also sucks?
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

808 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:
in real life you don't even need suspension at all to jump like that and be fine, you could literally go to walmart and buy a princess mountain bike and it'll work better than this game's suspension. If the game has gotten to the point where you have to buy better suspension setups to be competitive, there's no wonder it's dying
Preach fam!! I just am tired chancing my tail with settings. It's a simulator I guess. IRL I honestly have my suspension dialed after a few practice sessions. I ride for 20 minutes, dial, and repeat. It's easy and my IRL set up works for a majority of tracks (I rode three different tracks in socali in the same week on the same set up) and it felt great in all conditions. This game is very specific and I appreciate the level of detail that went into it but it seems like it's counter productive IMO. I'd rather get dialed (Myself, and not some asshole making set ups in his mom's basement or some pro selling some fake ass set up so the bitch can buy a bag of weed shit) and ride. lol.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

808 wrote:Does that mean that devin's also sucks?
No, I think he landed in a bump that formed from erode and his suspension hit hard on it while he was standing up. If he was sitting down on the bike, that wouldn't have happened.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Alright, explain what exactly happened in my gif that caused me to crash, and don't say suspension because it's not that lol
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Could quite easily be your rider settings combined with suspension too, looking at how quickly you lean forwards in the air, tells me your settings are quite twitchy so if your verticals are as twitchy as your forward then your legs essentially 'give way' when you land flat
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

double post, just looking at devins gif too you can see how soft his rear end is, its touching the fender constantly and look how fast is compresses when he lands, thats why he crashed
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

808 wrote:Image

probably launched a whole 12 feet on that one, reminds me of the bs mxgp pro is trying to pull
/togglegraph <-- see where your problem lies.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

I run Jack Haley's suspension, pretty sure there quite a few out there that run it as well. I've never had a fall off like that before with it, sometimes the game just catches you nothing you can do about it really. It happens to everyone at some point.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Finalmushroom wrote:
808 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote: Devin needs a new suspension, this has never happened to me
Preach fam!! I just am tired chancing my tail with settings. It's a simulator I guess. IRL I honestly have my suspension dialed after a few practice sessions. I ride for 20 minutes, dial, and repeat. It's easy and my IRL set up works for a majority of tracks (I rode three different tracks in socali in the same week on the same set up) and it felt great in all conditions. This game is very specific and I appreciate the level of detail that went into it but it seems like it's counter productive IMO. I'd rather get dialed (Myself, and not some asshole making set ups in his mom's basement or some pro selling some fake ass set up so the bitch can buy a bag of weed shit) and ride. lol.
The GIF of Devin that is being used is something many have complained about for years. Doesn't matter what suspension you have, you will falloff because of the high momentum and very sudden impact on just the rear tire.. Falloff force is the issue there, JLV would need to create more select scenario's with a higher falloff force which could be hard to do without causing other unwanted things to be possible. This is likely why there hasn't been a fix. Situations where you come up short on a jump where your front end makes it over but your rear end clips slightly in MXS you will get a falloff but in the real world that happens often without issue. Pro's use that technique often in SX to slow themselves down for inside lines.

You can get dialed on a MXS setup with minimal to no changes for different tracks.. You just need to spend time getting to know how your setup reacts and then you will find yourself making smaller changes.

Having the vast amount of settings we do is great, you just need to play with them and learn what they do. Having a good understanding of real suspension helps but some things are different. When setting up your real bike you want to use the full travel of your suspension. In my opinion with MXS suspension you need to have a different outlook and set your compression stiff to absorb flat landings.