1st person camera stabilizer

Post your suggestions here
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: 1st person camera stabilizer

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think not having it stabilized actually helps you. IMO that's how you actually "feel" what the bike is doing, versus third person where you can actually see it. I could be wrong, but normally I can't play 1st person in other games (most recently MESX2) because it just feels so awkward not being able to tell what the bike is doing. Maybe MXS just ruined me for other games in that regard :lol:. 2010/11 Hangtown was pretty gnarly in 1st person I remember, I think 2012 Red Bud too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I think I could smooth it out some without losing the feel. It should be possible to make adjustable as well.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

jlv wrote:It should be possible

Please implement before outdoors.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Post by onefoureight »

jlv wrote:I think I could smooth it out some without losing the feel. It should be possible to make adjustable as well.
That'd be amazing
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

onefoureight wrote:
jlv wrote:I think I could smooth it out some without losing the feel. It should be possible to make adjustable as well.
That'd be amazing
As long as we are able to turn on/off that would be awesome. Would be a nice little easter egg :wink: before outdoors
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

A slider for example from like 0 (off) to 10 (full stabilization) so we can adjust to our liking would be sick as well.
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

FlyinHigh wrote:
A slider for example from like 0 (off) to 10 (full stabilization) so we can adjust to our liking would be sick as well.
si
AdamoDago
Team: Privateer

Post by AdamoDago »

please
Talisker
Team: MTF

Post by Talisker »

Oh nice, this is the subjet i was about to suggest and the reason i came here.

I'm not a really good rider at the game, but well, i enjoy it a lot and have a lot of fun, and this viewing problem sometime drive me crazy. I only play in first person, i can't play in third, like literaly, i cant even stay on the bike more than 10 meters on a straigt line in third view.
It's weird i know... i tried the third view for all the advantage it come with, but i really can't. My brain can't deal with that.
And to be honnest, i really, really like playing in first view, it's so much more realistic, the sensations are so much stronger. And well, it's a simulator right, what's the point to simulate in third view...

The problem i got in first view is exactly what was said before : especialy in brake bumps, in front of a corner, the view "wizz" so much i can't tell if i'm going good in the ruts or not, in the good speed or not, the good moment i have to turn etc...

I was telling me : the others seems to not have this problem, i have to find the good speed and trajectory so my bike stay flat. It's probably how fast riders do... but then i think : f*ck it, in real life we are able to stabilize our view by moving our head and our eyes, and it's what we all do when riding... a simulator should do the same.

Well, all i want to say now i read this topic is that i will be very glad when this feature will be in the game, this is for me the most important thing i was hoping to come.

Thank you :)
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

i actually just switched to 3rd person for outdoors for this reason and there is waaay too many advantages in 3rd, especially with how everyone races.

the game is just too fun in 1st tho :cry:
should be a separate 1st/3rd person series f*ck it :P
Fingabang

Post by Fingabang »

+1 for the slider option 10/10
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

What's the update on this cause I'm strugglin in these outdoor motos after 10 minutes
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

What I think would be cool is if the camera was attached to the rider's helmet as opposed to their body like it is now. The helmet actually looks in the direction your going and is less rigid than the body cam. Even if it was added as another camera mode it would look cool.

I just took these in the fly camera from the goggles of my rider.

Helmet cam
Body cam
Heres one in a corner but since you can't tilt the camera it doesn't look that good.
Obviously, the helmet would need to be made invisible in this mode like the body is in first person currently.
This is just an idea I wanted to share though. I'm sure other people have thought of it too.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I think it'd be better to only smooth pitch. There isn't much jitter from changes in roll angle and it'd be harder to tell your lean angle without it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
BydesigndecalsCO
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by BydesigndecalsCO »

Smidly wrote:What I think would be cool is if the camera was attached to the rider's helmet as opposed to their body like it is now. The helmet actually looks in the direction your going and is less rigid than the body cam. Even if it was added as another camera mode it would look cool.

I just took these in the fly camera from the goggles of my rider.

Helmet cam
Body cam
Heres one in a corner but since you can't tilt the camera it doesn't look that good.
Obviously, the helmet would need to be made invisible in this mode like the body is in first person currently.
This is just an idea I wanted to share though. I'm sure other people have thought of it too.
TALKING About tilt. can we get a a rotation tilt function for playback for screenshots etc etc @JLV