1st person camera stabilizer

Post your suggestions here
Yamahaulin
Team: TBR

1st person camera stabilizer

Post by Yamahaulin »

Probably has been suggested before but now that erode is in full effect it feels bad to be a 1st person rider. Erode gets so choppy and in 1st person it rattles so much i cant even see where im going. Would make the 35 min motos way better on my eyes if we could some how smooth it out.
2017 Sim Cup Champion | 2014 East Coast Supercross Champion | 2013 MEC Champion | 2013 250 MX Outdoor Champion | 2013 Grand National Champion | 2013 250 West Coast Supercross Champion
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Re: 1st person camera stabilizer

Post by Bubba40 »

Yamahaulin wrote:Probably has been suggested before but now that erode is in full effect it feels bad to be a 1st person rider. Erode gets so choppy and in 1st person it rattles so much i cant even see where im going. Would make the 35 min motos way better on my eyes if we could some how smooth it out.
+1
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

Another problem I've found is Erode is so much better in third person with seeing the bumps it's such a big advantage to play third person in sim now. Is there any top players on NA and EU that's good on erode in first person? JS4 do you have the same problem with the bumps and faces?
Yamahaulin
Team: TBR

Post by Yamahaulin »

Bubba40 wrote:Another problem I've found is Erode is so much better in third person with seeing the bumps it's such a big advantage to play third person in sim now. Is there any top players on NA and EU that's good on erode in first person? JS4 do you have the same problem with the bumps and faces?
Yeah i have a big problem once it gets rough and that is probably one of the main reasons why i hate erode. Might have to learn how to ride in 3rd for the rest of outdoors if he doesnt add anything to help this.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Bubba40 wrote:Is there any top players on NA and EU that's good on erode in first person?
Spermy and Haley. Arguably the 2 fastest riders in erode racing so I think thats an invalid statement.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

DP I do think we should get an optional stabilizer though. 1st and 3rd person.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

I agree it's something that should be considered. Unless there's a lighting change that properly fixes the current visual issues I'd say this would be the next best thing outside of deformation updates/changes.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I was just watching a gopro video and trying to spot the bumps and it's pretty hard to see even in a real video. Would it be a good idea to do something completely artificial like overlay a grid on the terrain you're about to ride over? It'd help the visibility but obviously wouldn't be realistic.

Will do on the 1st person camera smoothing. Just have some other stuff that's more important right now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Atom6246 wrote:DP I do think we should get an optional stabilizer though. 1st and 3rd person.
What's the problem with 3rd person? Never had any problems with it. But I do neither play with rigid POV.
SKlein

Post by SKlein »

jlv wrote:Will do on the 1st person camera smoothing. Just have some other stuff that's more important right now.
Is that something you could make into a toggle-able option on the graphics page?
"[x] 1st Person Stabilizer"
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wahlamt wrote:What's the problem with 3rd person? Never had any problems with it. But I do neither play with rigid POV.
The chop is still there. It's obviously not as bad as 1st person but I still do think there should be an option for us as well.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

SKlein wrote:
jlv wrote:Will do on the 1st person camera smoothing. Just have some other stuff that's more important right now.
Is that something you could make into a toggle-able option on the graphics page?
"[x] 1st Person Stabilizer"
I'd probably make it adjustable rather than on or off.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SKlein

Post by SKlein »

jlv wrote:I'd probably make it adjustable rather than on or off.
Wasn't sure if you would give a slider, but that makes the most sense.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Atom6246 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:What's the problem with 3rd person? Never had any problems with it. But I do neither play with rigid POV.
The chop is still there. It's obviously not as bad as 1st person but I still do think there should be an option for us as well.
Chop with rigid on or off?