Select Bike Menu.

Post your suggestions here
pepete23
Team: Invent Racing

Select Bike Menu.

Post by pepete23 »

Hi,

When you choice a bike, you can see the 3d model in menu. Screenshot of a mod of gp500 game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cosmic Challenge is now available for iOS: http://apple.co/23XszMN and Android: http://bit.ly/1OLlfC7
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Re: Select Bike Menu.

Post by Judge »

Good idea, I've been wanting this for a good while too, though it may be a bit hard to make, who knows...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buena idea, lo llevo queriendo un buen tiempo, pero igual hasta es un poco dificil hacerlo.. a saber.

Best regards,
Judge.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

or just a small pic of the png.....???
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

This is something I was thinking about how to do. I came up with a simple solution:

Let's take the new bike skin to be called kx250f-2010_pc.png
When the skinner created this bike, they send the .png to someone(Luiz for the 2010 kxf example) to perform a render. This render would be set up similar to DDMX's released render model, so they will all be the same. Let's call this render kx250f-2010_pc_render.png. Include both files in the .saf, or when .png's are released.

Then JLV can just make a window that displays the kx250f-2010_pc_render.png.

I dont know how tough that would be to code, but it seems fairly simple....for JLV at least :)
Judge
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Judge »

wheels1758 wrote:This is something I was thinking about how to do. I came up with a simple solution:

Let's take the new bike skin to be called kx250f-2010_pc.png
When the skinner created this bike, they send the .png to someone(Luiz for the 2010 kxf example) to perform a render. This render would be set up similar to DDMX's released render model, so they will all be the same. Let's call this render kx250f-2010_pc_render.png. Include both files in the .saf, or when .png's are released.

Then JLV can just make a window that displays the kx250f-2010_pc_render.png.

I dont know how tough that would be to code, but it seems fairly simple....for JLV at least :)

Thumbs up, I'd say that would be a really good way to do it, though if skinners would be able to make the render by themselves too, that would just about complete it...
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

It's been talk about previously and JLV basically came to the conclusion that he wants little to no load times in the menu's. An update of the menu's is greatly needed but with that comes things such as time to load the image's and when you think about it, yes it would be nice but would you really want to wait 3 seconds + depending on your internet to load each skin you try to look at. With all the skins and tracks we have, that's a lot of loading.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
Judge
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Judge »

If it were to work as wheels said before the loading time wouldn't have anything to do with Internet cause the Render would be inside the .saf of the model-bike...Though yeah even that way it would probably take a lot to load...
remdog

Post by remdog »

i don't think many people would care about the loading time because as long as they could see the model they were picking, it would save time rather than going into a new race to look at the skins on the bike.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Now all skin's .png's is ~ 2048x2048 ,so yeah,it would take time to load,but if everyone who release skins could put in .saf .png of skin and .jpg pic with like 300x300 rezolution,it wouldnt be that big tho,but it would load faster.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

The render could be something like 640x480 or so. Maybe JLV could include a preview button so those that didnt want to worry about load times didnt have to. But the way i see it, 1 second to load an image is better that the time it takes to load a track in order to see if the skin you chose is what you want to use!
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Post by JohnnyMac »

Menu Load times lol. It would take milliseconds to display 1 bike/rider combo in 3d window vs the current shananagins for me to preview a bike/skin in 3d...

- Main menu click/pick a skin file from list displayed,
click new race (full race loads!),
pause/go back to main menu,
go to demo playback menu & click default (demo loads!),
pause demo,
move camera around to preview 1 skin!

Now, regarding the idea of a 2d picture. Plz no. MCM1 had 3d preview, no reason to go back further then 1990 with 2d pics. Besides, the idea of displaying a pic of the skin as it was rendered by skinner in model program would eliminate 100% of all skins currently out from being previewed as they dont have one.
Lyp3
Team: Sigma Motorsports

Post by Lyp3 »

That's quite like a basic need... I'm tired of launching a new race everytime I want to see and pick a new gear.

It takes so much time that I rarely change my gear, because of that.

If there were a rendering method (as Piboso did in GPbikes) or at least a picture of the gear and bike, it would be really better.

Jlv , please... I think that it's the most important thing to change at this time...
Lyp3
Team: Sigma Motorsports

Post by Lyp3 »

I did a montage to give some ideas

Image]

Maybe is it possible to use a render method based on the graphics engine to get something like that ?

Could be really great...
tommyz21
Team: Vertex

Post by tommyz21 »

i like this idea but maybe a small pic and only if you add the png orrr maybe just shows the template so you dont have to add any more pngs
lukescheff wrote:yeah i think rf should do it as like an amateur series or maybe just for the gp fans