Engine Mapping (Thoughts)?

Post your suggestions here
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Engine Mapping (Thoughts)?

Post by Finalmushroom »

Just an interesting thought but what do you guys think about this?

Personally, I think it would be amazing to be able to adjust your engine braking based on SX/MX, preference, and style.

Although some implications of this: It would further complicate the game more so than it already is.

Thoughts and opinions?

-Jake
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: Engine Mapping (Thoughts)?

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I don't even know what half the stuff in the suspension does so this would be hard for me to wrap my head around. It does seem like a cool idea though.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

There are a tooooooooooon of other things that need to be fixed before JLV should worry about implementing engine mapping into this game
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Just no, for me, at this point.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:I don't even know what half the stuff in the suspension does so this would be hard for me to wrap my head around. It does seem like a cool idea though.
Absolutely! I agree with you there. That and advanced. Some of it is hard for me to understand. I know JLV had a post where he described them but it would be nice for a before and after video of someone showing (in slow mo) what it all does.

It was just a thought as I was watching this YouTuber from Denver talk about how he retuned his CRF450R for less engine braking and me being a 2 stroke guy was like, “That’d be cool!”
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

KaseoDip wrote:There are a tooooooooooon of other things that need to be fixed before JLV should worry about implementing engine mapping into this game
It would be interesting for JLV to give us a list he’s working on and see their priority. I wasn’t posting this saying, “Do this!” But more wanted to heard opinions.

To me though, the 450 seems to not have much engine braking in game compared to the 250 which is backwards IRL.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Wahlamt wrote:Just no, for me, at this point.
Would you mind expanding your thoughts?

Why so is it a no?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Finalmushroom wrote:

Why so is it a no?
Just no.

Joking. But as KaseoDip said, there are other things I would prioritise before this. We're also faced with another issue in my opinion, if we are to go with engine mappings. Someone would probably just find the fastest and everyone would use that, more or less. But I would rather see different geometry and weight distribution, so there are actual advantages and disadvantages for each different bike. Seeing a whole gate of KTM/Huskys sort of suck. When that's sorted, I wouldn't mind seeing bike specific engine tuning, once we have a diverse line of bikes. Or eventually I wouldn't mind EMF only letting x many bikes from a manufacturer on a starting grid.

Real time shadows would be cool too, another thing most people want (guess I'm the only one who's indifferent on that one).

In general I think it would only confuse people at this point as most people have a hard time with all the settings we already have.
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Wahlamt wrote:Real time shadows would be cool too, another thing most people want (guess I'm the only one who's indifferent on that one).
Yes please. :mrgreen:
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Wahlamt wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

Why so is it a no?
Just no.

Joking. But as KaseoDip said, there are other things I would prioritise before this. We're also faced with another issue in my opinion, if we are to go with engine mappings. Someone would probably just find the fastest and everyone would use that, more or less. But I would rather see different geometry and weight distribution, so there are actual advantages and disadvantages for each different bike. Seeing a whole gate of KTM/Huskys sort of suck. When that's sorted, I wouldn't mind seeing bike specific engine tuning, once we have a diverse line of bikes. Or eventually I wouldn't mind EMF only letting x many bikes from a manufacturer on a starting grid.

Real time shadows would be cool too, another thing most people want (guess I'm the only one who's indifferent on that one).

In general I think it would only confuse people at this point as most people have a hard time with all the settings we already have.
I agree with you on that. The bikes would be really cool to try and really have to go searching for different settings for each bike, especially when riders do a team swap. Maybe this is the cure to the team swapping every week. :mrgreen:

I like the idea though. Getting a mix of riders and team with different bikes that actually feel different would be great.

If they were to get a better or more optimized engine to run this game to get the graphics up to 2018 level I think this game would explode in the amount of willing players. My little brother won't play it because he says it looks dumb. He's interested but just can't vibe with it. I'm assuming he's not the only one out there in this boat.

But overall it would make this damn game even more so complicated more so than it already is, but even more fun!

-Jake
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

ColtonD719 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Real time shadows would be cool too, another thing most people want (guess I'm the only one who's indifferent on that one).
Yes please. :mrgreen:
God damn, I was meaning to write it like this:
Real time shadows would be cool too, another thing most people want (guess I'm the only one who's indifferent on that one) is new sounds.

This is what happens when I'm slightly disrupted when I'm typing...
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

The engine mapping would be a cool concept to add into the game. But I don't think everybody in the world is even able to do it on their own personal bikes unles they've got one of the new Yamaha's that have an app to do it or an Alta.