RATED SERVER!

Post your suggestions here
ddmx

Re: RATED SERVER!

Post by ddmx »

jlv wrote:This does sound interesting, although it's a little MMORPGish in the sense that it might make people play just to earn points. Would the points mean anything or would they just be for bragging rights?
The way I think of it is, it's kinda like xbox 360 achievements. You don't have to get all the achievements, but it's cool if you do. Would there be a way to get the points to show underneath our avatar on the forum?
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

I don't know about the points, but what I would like to see is a quitting percentage on the stat site. I think it might make people want to race to the finish and not quit/rejoin mid-race immediately after they drop out of top-3.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

Vellu wrote:I don't know about the points, but what I would like to see is a quitting percentage on the stat site. I think it might make people want to race to the finish and not quit/rejoin mid-race immediately after they drop out of top-3.
That just kind of gave me an idea. For the game heroes of newerth they count your leaves and if you leave percentage is to high it wont let you in some games. That would be kind of cool to see some kind of system like that. I think this whole idea is pretty cool it just needs to be worked around to where people who can race all day don't get a super big advantage over people who have work and whatnot and can only play at night. Like dd said some kind of thing that will show by your name.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
chez

Post by chez »

Yous have missed the most important problem, what about the guys who just dont give a f*ck about the points thing and just go in and take everybody out in every race?
KTM
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's why there's banning in the servers.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

ddmx wrote:The way I think of it is, it's kinda like xbox 360 achievements. You don't have to get all the achievements, but it's cool if you do. Would there be a way to get the points to show underneath our avatar on the forum?
It could be done, but you'd have to enter your key for the forum to know which UID is yours.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

that wood be cool!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
chris465

Post by chris465 »

I love the fact that you guys are kinda running with this idea now. As for people that don't give a F*ck as stated in an earlier post. It's really easy as soon as they hit a certain number of negative points for being black flagged or quiting things like that they are banned from that server. It will keep a server for us guys that just want to race and have fun. And as far as points being for bragging rights ya pretty much, unless you can think of something better.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

So, you'll get points for clean racing and sportmanship, and not only podium places?
chris465

Post by chris465 »

I would not think that you would get points for that but you would not lose points by being a clean rider. There still has to be a reward for being fast, that makes it feel like you accomplished something. What I think there does need to be is you get bonus points when you beat someone that is ranked higher than you.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

chris465 wrote:I would not think that you would get points for that but you would not lose points by being a clean rider. There still has to be a reward for being fast, that makes it feel like you accomplished something. What I think there does need to be is you get bonus points when you beat someone that is ranked higher than you.
Yeah, of course you should get points for being fast,but you should also get points for riding clean. Im not just saying this because im slow, but I think it would encourage people to ride clean and think twice before they try to pass someone and not just ram people.
Red619
Team: Privateer

Post by Red619 »

Yeah I agree with rallemx, what also might work is making it take a little longer to get back up on your bike. That will have people racing more cleanly, but like always you have those zeke's that will hit you just to see you lose the lead so idk, that online gaming.
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter

Post by d1abl019 »

i think that there should be more than 1 "ranked server". say somewhere between 2-5 per "lvl" or so? like
5 beginner servers (0-50 pts.)
4 amateur servers (51-100 pts.)
3 "grand" amateur servers (101-150 pts.)
2 semi-pro servers (151-200 pts.)
2 pro servers (201-above pts.)
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter

Post by d1abl019 »

sorry for double post. but i also think that the higher "rank" you are, or higher number of points. you should be able to get back up faster than ppl with a lower rank. i.e. if someone hits you to be an ass. you get up faster than they do so they dont have as good of a chance to hit you again...
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter

Post by d1abl019 »

d1abl019 wrote:i think that there should be more than 1 "ranked server". say somewhere between 2-5 per "lvl" or so? like
5 beginner servers (0-50 pts.)
3 "grand" amateur servers (101-150 pts.)
2 semi-pro servers (151-200 pts.)
2 pro servers (201-above pts.)
corretion: 5 beginner servers (0-50 pts.)
3 semi-pro servers (101-150 pts.)
2 pro servers (151-200 pts.)
2 ALL pro servers (201-above pts.)