RATED SERVER!

Post your suggestions here
chris465

RATED SERVER!

Post by chris465 »

I think that we need to have a couple of Rated servers like we had back in the MCM2 days. That way the people that want to really race and be competetive can go there and the others can go to a fun server. Points obviously awarded for finishing postition but also lose points if you rage quit or get black flagged, things like that. I am sure that you other guys that played MCM2 online remember this.
mxkid592
Team: Privateer

Re: RATED SERVER!

Post by mxkid592 »

Hey not a bad idea at all, i mean there are a range of people that just go on lets say the stock server to mess around do whips and what not. i think making comeptitive servers, and fun, free ride sort of server would be a really good idea. :mrgreen:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You dont need hand guards if you know you will be in front.
Check out some of my mxs whips they are sick!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTfb6xUElE
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

if i want to have some fun NOT crashing in to riders and stuff i go to server 04 almost every time empty
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
mxkid592
Team: Privateer

Post by mxkid592 »

same here, but 04 fits only 4 people

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You dont need hand guards if you know you will be in front.
Check out some of my mxs whips they are sick!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTfb6xUElE
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

How about you pick nice polite people instead of just the fastest guys? There are some assholes who happend to be fast too, no names but im sure you all know some people :P I say, if something like that would happen, let anyone race it, and if you get banned just once, then you're out of that server forever. Zero tolerance.
chris465

Post by chris465 »

You guys are not understanding how this works. Everyone can play in it but the servers are rated and you get points for wins and finishes, and lose points for rage quits and restarts dirty riding ect ect. If you played MCM2 online you would know what I am talking about. You also get more points if you beat someone that is rated higher than you things like that. Not sure if I can explain it any better than that.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

couldn't agree more man, this idea is one of the best i've heard in a longgggg time.

just my thoughts:
first place: 10 pts
second place: 7pts
third place: 5pts
fourth place 3pts
second place 1pt

black flagged: -20 pts
disconnect after 2/3 completed race: -5pts

some awards as well:
perfect race (no blackout crashes): +5 pts
hard charger (last after first completed lap, wins race): +5 pts *must be a minimum of 5 riders
clean cut (no cuts): +3 pts
1st time pro (win race without leaving 1st gear): +10 pts

so so many more special awards could be put in place too, these are just a few i thought of. :D

points only apply to this one server. maybe even if you keep your top 10/top 3/winning percentage above a certain percent weekly you get weekly points added as well.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

I really like that Dave! Maybe we could have classifications.

lowest to highest:
50 D class
65 D class
85 C class
Supermini
250 B
250 A
Pro

Or something like that would be cool.
only one to win something real from the game!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Your number of points could designate your "level", from beginner to pro. that level could effect the color of your name or something along those lines. i would say, to become pro, you would need 250 career wins. those wins would only count in this server though, so everyone starts with 0 wins. 250 would keep the achievement hunters playing for a long time.

would 250 be too few wins for a pro status?
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

I would think so. I say more like 1000 points or something. Since pro is the top.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

well, 250 wins would be 2500 points, so that's quite a bit. but if your getting bonus points for not crashing and not cutting then that could come a lot sooner.
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

I thought you meant 250 points. That sounds good. Hopeully JLV looks into this.
chris465

Post by chris465 »

Finally some people that understand what I am talking about! I think it would keep the idiots out more or I hope so anyway. And instant loss of 10 points if you ask for a restart during the first lap of a race or maybe during a race at all.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

This does sound interesting, although it's a little MMORPGish in the sense that it might make people play just to earn points. Would the points mean anything or would they just be for bragging rights?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

jlv wrote:This does sound interesting, although it's a little MMORPGish in the sense that it might make people play just to earn points. Would the points mean anything or would they just be for bragging rights?
What are you trying to say there JLV :lol: LIGHTNING BOLT!!
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!