camera look left / right

Post your suggestions here
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

camera look left / right

Post by JohnnyMac »

It would be nice to see the rider thats like 2 feet away from me on my inside before we get to a turn, something I cant know unless Im in 3rd person (which I cant race with...ive tried!).

Simply put, allow control of my first person view to look around (left and right primarily) by either keyboard or mouse/analog. Press button or move analog stick and camera rotates that direction x degrees. Let go, it returns to straight ahead.

(COOL PS: if you allow this to be configured by input, like mouse input, you are potentially opening the doors for head tracking software!)

(PS PS: add input mapping for key/button for switching between first person & third person)
Red619

Re: camera look left / right

Post by Red619 »

This sounds like a good idea, but i dont know what buttons I could use on my controller. I also think this option would have to be used with analog controls to determine how much to the left and right you want to look.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

Red619 wrote:This sounds like a good idea, but i dont know what buttons I could use on my controller. I also think this option would have to be used with analog controls to determine how much to the left and right you want to look.

i often use my pinky or take my hand off the controller (like a tear off) to hit buttons on m keyboard during racing. This is used for switching music and talking in VOIP programs which i use "push" to talk. Mostly though if you have a normal controller your pinky hangs off, so i just hover my controller over my keyboard in mellow sections and do what i need to do. I see no reason why i couldn't bind "left" and "right" arrows to turn my vision 90 degress left & right for a look.... but kinda waste of time, its a video game too remember.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Red619

Post by Red619 »

I see what your saying but for me it would not work. I hooked my desktop upto my TV in the living room so I could play mxs sitting down on my couch.
chris465

Post by chris465 »

If it is setup on analog you could use one of the joysticks. I could anyway I use my right one for throttle and brake but nothing left and right. I think it is a great idea!
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

chris465 wrote:If it is setup on analog you could use one of the joysticks. I could anyway I use my right one for throttle and brake but nothing left and right. I think it is a great idea!
Yep, thats my gamepad setup too. Right stick just sitting around doing nothing. A quick tap left or right and I could see how to approach a berm with another rider.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Sorry to revive an 8 year old thread, but how difficult would this be to implement? It would be so beneficial to first/third person riders alike.
taelale
Team: VlastMX

Post by taelale »

It would be a decent advantage for people (like me) with the right stick open for binding, and disadvantage for people who use both sticks, but i'm sure jesse would figure something out to become the norm
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

taelale wrote:It would be a decent advantage for people (like me) with the right stick open for binding, and disadvantage for people who use both sticks, but i'm sure jesse would figure something out to become the norm
yeah it would work great for me as well playing first person and 1 stick could have a whole analog stick for looking around
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
d3034

Post by d3034 »

+1
Damon Warlick
conz
Team: 888FACTORY

Post by conz »

Yo people that use both analog sticks could look left/right using the d-pad ;)
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

conz wrote:Yo people that use both analog sticks could look left/right using the d-pad ;)
Been wanting this ever since the game came out. #firstpersonstruggles.
Mcguire103

Post by Mcguire103 »

mxb has this and its awesome 8)