240hz monitor support.

Post your suggestions here
crimsom

240hz monitor support.

Post by crimsom »

Please support 240hz monitors this is an E-sport after all.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Re: 240hz monitor support.

Post by AtlasZoor »

games capped at 125fps soooo...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually it could interpolate frames to do higher rates despite the physics running at 128Hz. I might do that at some point. It would add about 8ms of lag though since it'd be interpolating between the last two frames instead of just showing the newest frame.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
crimsom

Post by crimsom »

if it adds 8ms of lag don't bother... :( hopefully something can be worked out eventually without having to port it to like unity or something.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I think you'd be surprised at how many games have that much lag built in for the same reason. I personally wouldn't want the lag and would probably disable it and run 128 Hz. But sometimes the smoothness would be more important. Making videos would be a good example where that's the case.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

jlv wrote:I think you'd be surprised at how many games have that much lag built in for the same reason. I personally wouldn't want the lag and would probably disable it and run 128 Hz. But sometimes the smoothness would be more important. Making videos would be a good example where that's the case.
BOY, if we could have 240 fps, we could do some really cool stuff with videos. 10% buttery slo-mo? Sign me up chief. But it definitely doesn't sound worth it to have the extra lag.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Boss JLV thinks of it all.