Collision's for the demo

Post your suggestions here
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Collision's for the demo

Post by Wilson156 »

I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or not but I think it'd be cool if in playback mode on the demos there was a way you could toggle collisions on as you're playing it back. That way it gives you more of a realism feel and you're not just riding through the ghost.
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: Collision's for the demo

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Wilson156 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or not but I think it'd be cool if in playback mode on the demos there was a way you could toggle collisions on as you're playing it back. That way it gives you more of a realism feel and you're not just riding through the ghost.
You'd have kids slamming into you 24/7
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Wilson156 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or not but I think it'd be cool if in playback mode on the demos there was a way you could toggle collisions on as you're playing it back. That way it gives you more of a realism feel and you're not just riding through the ghost.
You'd have kids slamming into you 24/7
That argument is irrelevant. It no different than being in a race. Except you’re playin in one that has happened. I think it’s a great idea +1
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

It wouldn't work the way you want. You can't move a person in a recording, cause their path is already 100% set. If you were to hit them, it'd be like riding while invisible in a server, where other people just run through you. It would be really good training for making sure you know how to race someone without contact
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

mxsrider96 wrote:It wouldn't work the way you want. You can't move a person in a recording, cause their path is already 100% set.
This is why there'd be kids slamming into you.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

mxsrider96 wrote:It wouldn't work the way you want. You can't move a person in a recording, cause their path is already 100% set. If you were to hit them, it'd be like riding while invisible in a server, where other people just run through you. It would be really good training for making sure you know how to race someone without contact
I think he's aware of that. But for demos with fewer people, you could easily practice following/passing/gapping someone, or even race yourself without "cheat-passing". Toggle-able collisions would be nice to have I think :)