Will scripting allow us to make a Look Left/Look Right Option?

Post your suggestions here
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Will scripting allow us to make a Look Left/Look Right Option?

Post by WellsMX524 »

I know this is nothing new in terms of suggestions. However it would be monumental for first person riders. Will future scripting allow us to make that happen? Would be nice to be able to bind it to the D-Pad.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Will scripting allow us to make a Look Left/Look Right Option?

Post by jlv »

I probably will rewrite the highest level of the drawing code in javascript eventually. For aiming the camera, I'd probably just hard code that. The main reason I never did it is because it'll expose some weird stuff in the first person model.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

jlv wrote:I probably will rewrite the highest level of the drawing code in javascript eventually. For aiming the camera, I'd probably just hard code that. The main reason I never did it is because it'll expose some weird stuff in the first person model.
Just to touch on that, if you did add that feature I'd be more than happy to release some new FP jms for people
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's debatable what the best thing to do is. It's a little like "Punch Out" where you want to be able to see through the character sometimes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

jlv wrote:It's debatable what the best thing to do is. It's a little like "Punch Out" where you want to be able to see through the character sometimes.
If Jeremy made new FP JM's, with the current first person jm's, wouldn't you just essentially have to erase the shoulders to get it to work properly?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Not sure what would be best. Probably want to remove most of the torso and upper arms. Going to be a little ugly no matter what.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

That's what we're doing in MCTD; toggling rider models for the local player, but using the third person model for all other clients. The first person model works well with our FP cam, but obviously, our cams are set up differently.
The only problem in mxs using this solution would be converting all of the older user-made models to work with a new system. An invisibility shader using an extra b/w texture would be cool too maybe.