More keyboard friendly controls

Post your suggestions here
Crimson
Team: None

Re: More keyboard friendly controls

Post by Crimson »

Crimson wrote:
ColtHans wrote:
Crimson wrote:not to mention, those cost more than 200$, i'm not in the US.

do you not know what a store is ?
Step 1. Get in the car.
Step 2. Drive to the store/have your parents drive you.
Step 3. Walk into the store.
step 4. Pick out a controller.
Step 5. Buy the controller.
Step 6. Go back home, plug it in, then play.
By the way, i did mention that i will go to the store when i have the chance.

Here it is, i copied it from uptop. "but, there may be a chance that at the local electronics store there should be one with triggers"
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
ColtHans wrote:
do you not know what a store is ?
Step 1. Get in the car.
Step 2. Drive to the store/have your parents drive you.
Step 3. Walk into the store.
step 4. Pick out a controller.
Step 5. Buy the controller.
Step 6. Go back home, plug it in, then play.

Here it is, i copied it from uptop. "but, there may be a chance that at the local electronics store there should be one with triggers"
Try ebay, if your parents let you there is usually some pretty cheap stuff
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

ColtHans wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Try ebay, if your parents let you there is usually some pretty cheap stuff
nope, not even that, no sites that aren't serbian, anyway i've found a website that one of my friends reccomended, they have some controllers, but i'm not sure, maybe there's one at the local store,i'll take a look maybe the store has one with triggers i'll update when i get there
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You probably would be able to achieve a slow buildup on input with an external software, but riding with spongey inputs might be more difficult than with precise inputs, especially if it's not a true pressure-sensitive analog control.

There are analog-capable keyboards on the market, so you're not the only one interested! It seems like a long shot to have something like that added to the game when the majority of the playerbase is going to use a controller.

Would it be possible for someone in the US or EU to send a controller into Serbia? Is it an issue with location and shipping costs or with crossing state borders?

You've done a really good job keeping your patience dealing with these horrible responses.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I don't think making the throttle key control the rate of throttle increase would work well. There were some games that worked like that in the 80's and it was always terrible IMO. Too laggy.

One thing you might try is intentionally using too high of a gear exiting the corner and then downshifting when you want full power.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

KTM57 wrote:You probably would be able to achieve a slow buildup on input with an external software, but riding with spongey inputs might be more difficult than with precise inputs, especially if it's not a true pressure-sensitive analog control.

There are analog-capable keyboards on the market, so you're not the only one interested! It seems like a long shot to have something like that added to the game when the majority of the playerbase is going to use a controller.

Would it be possible for someone in the US or EU to send a controller into Serbia? Is it an issue with location and shipping costs or with crossing state borders?

You've done a really good job keeping your patience dealing with these horrible responses.
it's not a huge deal to send me a controller, i've talked to my parents and we'll shortly get a controller when we get the chance to go to the store.

For that small minority of people who aren't using controllers it could be useful.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

jlv wrote:I don't think making the throttle key control the rate of throttle increase would work well. There were some games that worked like that in the 80's and it was always terrible IMO. Too laggy.

One thing you might try is intentionally using too high of a gear exiting the corner and then downshifting when you want full power.
So i've tried the high gear downshift method and i must say, thank you for giving me a small trick to use. The method is very useful, the chance of me spinning out is now lower than it was.
Again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to review my suggestion.
Crimson

Post by Crimson »

Crimson wrote:
jlv wrote:I don't think making the throttle key control the rate of throttle increase would work well. There were some games that worked like that in the 80's and it was always terrible IMO. Too laggy.

So i've tried the high gear downshift method and i must say, thank you for giving me a small trick to use. The method is very useful, the chance of me spinning out is now lower than it was.
By the way, i'm curious, in further updates are there going to be more varieties of CCs?
I did make a post about it a few days ago, didn't get a lot of notice, but it would be cool to ride an 85 or a 65 maybe even a 125 4 stroke pitbike.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

By the way, i'm curious, in further updates are there going to be more varieties of CCs?
I did make a post about it a few days ago, didn't get a lot of notice, but it would be cool to ride an 85 or a 65 maybe even a 125 4 stroke pitbike.
Lot's of people have already asked, and there has never been a forsure answer, but it would be sick