Dots on the Track Map

Post your suggestions here
blaster99

Dots on the Track Map

Post by blaster99 »

So after the Budds Creek race, being one of the guys being lapped, I figured this would be a good idea. Once someone had crossed the finish line, the dot on the track map representing them should change to a different color, so a lapped rider can tell if a leader is coming behind them, and make sure its not a rider battling for position with them. I know the blue flag has already been brought up, but if you are in a pack, and the leaders are lapping the whole pack, it would be hard to determine if the guy lapping you is right behind you, or 2 spots back etc. This could help us slow guys get out of the way for the leaders, and still keep our racing going. Just a thought.
Servatis

Re: Dots on the Track Map

Post by Servatis »

already been discussed i believe, anyway best solution to me would be 4 colors.
leader - green
rider in front of you - blue
rider behind you - white
finished rider - grey

that way if you see a blue or green dot coming in from behind you know he is coming to lap you.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
blaster99

Post by blaster99 »

Oh alright cool. Or if any rider is on a lap number higher than you make it green and if hes on a lap lower than you make it red or something.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

1st-green
2nd-orange
3rd-red
Have the blue flag system and hope riders obey it, if not some type of time penalty for not letting leader pass some how?
Nybrok
Team: Privateer

Post by Nybrok »

Oh, guys can you tell why i ONLY see green dot on the track map :roll:
Achievements:
-2011 EMF AX champion
-2010 SMA Outdoor champion
-2010 SMA Survival series winner
-2010 MXSON 2nd place (Finland)
blaster99

Post by blaster99 »

stocksy129 wrote:1st-green
2nd-orange
3rd-red
Have the blue flag system and hope riders obey it, if not some type of time penalty for not letting leader pass some how?
Sounds good to me. I would love that blue flag. I feel bad when I mess other peoples races up because of my slowness :oops:
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

I would rather use the suggestion Servatis had, than using different colors each positions.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Or, if you been lapped , you get the blue flag :)
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
Matheus#112

Post by Matheus#112 »

Servatis wrote:already been discussed i believe, anyway best solution to me would be 4 colors.
leader - green
rider in front of you - blue
rider behind you - white
finished rider - grey

that way if you see a blue or green dot coming in from behind you know he is coming to lap you.
i agree with you...
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

Since we're talking dots, Id like that big arrow representing myself to be a RED dot instead. The arrow hides nearby dots next to me.

** I think the real question is, what are the rules for when a blue flag comes out at real events? In an mx/sx event, do they wave the blue flag for just the top 3 leaders only? If so, stocksy has right idea. If blue flag comes out for anyone getting lapped, then servatis has better idea.