Downloading tracks

Post your suggestions here
lluks252

Downloading tracks

Post by lluks252 »

I was wondering if it is possible, to get into a server and if you don't have the track, it downloads it and puts it where it needs to go, instead of not letting you in. I remember when I used to play Heretic II, they used this system, is it possible for this to work on MXS too? I think this would be extremely helpful for new players.
DJ99X

Re: Downloading tracks

Post by DJ99X »

If anything like that were to be implemented, it would be for skins, not tracks.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I think if we ever get this for skins we need to have it like LFS.To be able to download the LFS skins someone must first upload them and release them.That would be a great idea for this game because people have private stuff that doesn't need passed around to everyone.

I also think it would be good for tracks.It just seems like it would be easier.

Kind regards
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Lfs/counter-strike source, etc games like them have great setups for downloading skins and maps/tracks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The general plan for this is to do this via http after you exit the game. Every time you're missing something the game will record the missing filename, then when you exit the game it will look up each file in a database and give you the option to install the required files.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

LIKE!!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

jlv wrote:The general plan for this is to do this via http after you exit the game. Every time you're missing something the game will record the missing filename, then when you exit the game it will look up each file in a database and give you the option to install the required files.
That would be awesome!! I can't wait for this. (since I always seem to be missing something)