Dab Speed

Post your suggestions here
Bubba40
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 am
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Dab Speed

Postby Bubba40 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:41 am

I don't race anymore but after watching the 250 moto it seems to me that the dab speed for the game is way to high. I think a lot people run 40 to 60 Mph and they are using it for stability all the way around the corner. I don't think any pro in real life is hitting a deep rutted corner with there leg out at 40mph. I think a realistic max number should 35mph. Also Alexis Leclair brought up a great point in chat the leg should not come out when standing, I think that would be a great addition to the game also.
Image

skyzen
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm
Team: IZI Racing

Re: Dab Speed

Postby skyzen » Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 am

+1 the leg should not go out if you are standing.
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2018 MXSEMF Pro Nationals

ColtonM
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: Dab Speed

Postby ColtonM » Thu May 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Ive always rode with Dab when stopped off. So my leg legit would not come out but i decided to try to turn it on and switch to max dab speed to 45 and found it easy to keep stability around the corners. I agree that your leg should not come out while standing at 45 mph...

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13650
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: Dab Speed

Postby KTM57 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm

The values are actually in feet/second, but your point still stands. 60 mph would be insane. :lol: Can you fudge it in the config files?

Fabio Guido
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am
Team: Hitcase
Contact:

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Fabio Guido » Thu May 16, 2019 5:56 pm

+1
Image

VUSTTOS
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 am
Team: Spanish MX Gamers
Location: GPS not working

Re: Dab Speed

Postby VUSTTOS » Thu May 16, 2019 8:08 pm

But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .
Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 13307
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Dab Speed

Postby jlv » Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 am

Can't say I disagree, but if I took it away the people who depend on it would throw a fit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
Racers52
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 pm
Team: rF Gaming
Location: Texas/Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Racers52 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 am

VUSTTOS wrote:But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .


Traction is also a big factor in this
Image

Bubba40
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 am
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Bubba40 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 am

jlv wrote:Can't say I disagree, but if I took it away the people who depend on it would throw a fit.

Yeah it just sucks watching it because it's not creating good erode because people are just gliding around the corner with there dab speed.
Can you add a server lock to a certain dab speed and lock angle i'm curios because i wanna see how that would affect erode settings.
Image

Bubba40
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 am
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Bubba40 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:47 am

Racers52 wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .


Traction is also a big factor in this

There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.
Image

Bubba40
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 am
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Bubba40 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:14 am

Bubba40 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .


Traction is also a big factor in this

There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.

I mean arcade style not the game it self.
Image

User avatar
Racers52
Posts: 3034
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 pm
Team: rF Gaming
Location: Texas/Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Racers52 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 am

Bubba40 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:But we do have ruts that feel like berms. No one can do what you say on Haggvist 2013 GP tracks :D .


Traction is also a big factor in this

There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.


we have gotten used to grip tape
Image

User avatar
motokid499
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am
Team: Premium MotoSpodes
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Dab Speed

Postby motokid499 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:49 am

Racers52 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
Traction is also a big factor in this

There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.


we have gotten used to grip tape


The current traction is the sole reason I left the game. Tracks are absolute pavement and players are holding lean angles that are straight up physically impossible to do irl. You're exactly right though, everyone's gotten used to grip tape and high dab speeds, if you took it away everyone would throw a fit. I think the main problem is what people think "feels" realistic is skewed because there is no way to truly feel the traction in the game. You don't have a force feedback wheel. You have a joystick with no force feedback so when you slide out its solely visual feedback. If you use a realistic traction everyone will be like why am I sliding out because they didn't feel the traction enough to gauge when it was gunna give, but ffs just don't lean over as far and we can all enjoy some realistic traction.

/Rant
Tanner Rogers

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 7200
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Wahlamt » Tue May 21, 2019 12:15 pm

motokid499 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.


we have gotten used to grip tape


The current traction is the sole reason I left the game. Tracks are absolute pavement and players are holding lean angles that are straight up physically impossible to do irl. You're exactly right though, everyone's gotten used to grip tape and high dab speeds, if you took it away everyone would throw a fit. I think the main problem is what people think "feels" realistic is skewed because there is no way to truly feel the traction in the game. You don't have a force feedback wheel. You have a joystick with no force feedback so when you slide out its solely visual feedback. If you use a realistic traction everyone will be like why am I sliding out because they didn't feel the traction enough to gauge when it was gunna give, but ffs just don't lean over as far and we can all enjoy some realistic traction.

/Rant

Bubba40
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 am
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Re: Dab Speed

Postby Bubba40 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
motokid499 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
we have gotten used to grip tape


The current traction is the sole reason I left the game. Tracks are absolute pavement and players are holding lean angles that are straight up physically impossible to do irl. You're exactly right though, everyone's gotten used to grip tape and high dab speeds, if you took it away everyone would throw a fit. I think the main problem is what people think "feels" realistic is skewed because there is no way to truly feel the traction in the game. You don't have a force feedback wheel. You have a joystick with no force feedback so when you slide out its solely visual feedback. If you use a realistic traction everyone will be like why am I sliding out because they didn't feel the traction enough to gauge when it was gunna give, but ffs just don't lean over as far and we can all enjoy some realistic traction.

/Rant
Image


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests