Dab Speed

Post your suggestions here
ShackAttack12

Re: Dab Speed

Post by ShackAttack12 »

motokid499 wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
Bubba40 wrote: There's plenty of traction what you guys talking about 8) I think people wanna play MX vs ATV Reflex more then they wanna play simulator now a days.
we have gotten used to grip tape
The current traction is the sole reason I left the game. Tracks are absolute pavement and players are holding lean angles that are straight up physically impossible to do irl. You're exactly right though, everyone's gotten used to grip tape and high dab speeds, if you took it away everyone would throw a fit. I think the main problem is what people think "feels" realistic is skewed because there is no way to truly feel the traction in the game. You don't have a force feedback wheel. You have a joystick with no force feedback so when you slide out its solely visual feedback. If you use a realistic traction everyone will be like why am I sliding out because they didn't feel the traction enough to gauge when it was gunna give, but ffs just don't lean over as far and we can all enjoy some realistic traction.

/Rant
Same here. I've been complaining that there is too much traction for years.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Don't get me wrong, pavement tracks are super fun to hotlap and just hold er wicked everywhere but it's terrible for racing. Glad you guys agree I felt alone on this for awhile.
Tanner Rogers
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

motokid499 wrote:Don't get me wrong, pavement tracks are super fun to hotlap and just hold er wicked everywhere but it's terrible for racing. Glad you guys agree I felt alone on this for awhile.
This is why I stopped playing as well. 100% throttle on 90% of the track on a 450 wasnt "simulator" for me anymore. I learned the game on the old haggqvist/rafagas track and while those might have been too close to reality for the majority of the players, it was way more fun in my opinion.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Rayvenator wrote:
motokid499 wrote:Don't get me wrong, pavement tracks are super fun to hotlap and just hold er wicked everywhere but it's terrible for racing. Glad you guys agree I felt alone on this for awhile.
This is why I stopped playing as well. 100% throttle on 90% of the track on a 450 wasnt "simulator" for me anymore. I learned the game on the old haggqvist/rafagas track and while those might have been too close to reality for the majority of the players, it was way more fun in my opinion.
Oh, so you dared to log on here again? 8)
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Wahlamt wrote:
Rayvenator wrote: Oh, so you dared to log on here again? 8)
Haha maybe it was a bad idea after all :wink:
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

2013gp's are some of the best outdoor tracks ever built for this game
Tanner Rogers
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

Rayvenator wrote:
Bubba40

Post by Bubba40 »

motokid499 wrote:2013gp's are some of the best outdoor tracks ever built for this game
Haggqvist is a amazing track builder, I wish he finished 2014 Lommel that new technique for decals was unreal you could see the ruts on a face from a far. He always made traction for the track that was also amazing like Saint de angle had hard pack traction and Brazil track had super tacky traction. Now on sim we get the same traction for 11 rounds i think and SX also.
Bubba40

Post by Bubba40 »

Who made valkenswaard 2016? That's tied with my favorite track.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Changing traction every week was good but it also brought 10x more bitching because people couldn't figure it out
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Bubba40 wrote:Who made valkenswaard 2016? That's tied with my favorite track.
Richard De Kuijper on Haggs base.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's possible to make some really interesting traction with slip_function 2. Lower friction without feeling so icy. I'll post some examples once I get some free time.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote:It's possible to make some really interesting traction with slip_function 2. Lower friction without feeling so icy. I'll post some examples once I get some free time.
Please! That'd be awesome
Tanner Rogers