Looking back at opponents?

Post your suggestions here
IttayOren174
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:23 am
Team: Privateer

Looking back at opponents?

Postby IttayOren174 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 am

What do you guys think about a button that allows you to look back, like in other video games and in real life? Imagine being able to jump something, look at where the other guy is behind you, and defend your position accordingly?

User avatar
DougBauer19
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:13 pm
Team: Privateer
Location: North Dakota

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby DougBauer19 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:30 pm

As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.

IttayOren174
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:23 am
Team: Privateer

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby IttayOren174 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:25 am

DougBauer19 wrote:As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.

In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...

User avatar
Ddavis
Posts: 17523
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby Ddavis » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 am

I'd rather have seconds ahead of the rider behind you before a "look back" feature.
Under construction...

User avatar
nathanjames
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby nathanjames » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:50 pm

I quickly toggle to the rider behind me and then back to myself in the air to do this.

User avatar
DougBauer19
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:13 pm
Team: Privateer
Location: North Dakota

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby DougBauer19 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:10 pm

IttayOren174 wrote:
DougBauer19 wrote:As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.

In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...

I dont see it too much. Besides you have a minimap most of the time that shows where the other people are.

white327
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:48 pm
Team: RedLine

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby white327 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:42 am

DougBauer19 wrote:
IttayOren174 wrote:
DougBauer19 wrote:As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.

In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...

I dont see it too much. Besides you have a minimap most of the time that shows where the other people are.


I dont know what racing you watch, but riders do that all the time.

C.K.234
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:22 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby C.K.234 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:58 am

white327 wrote:
DougBauer19 wrote:
IttayOren174 wrote:In what way? This is just a thing people actually do when racing in real life...

I dont see it too much. Besides you have a minimap most of the time that shows where the other people are.


I dont know what racing you watch, but riders do that all the time.

Thats right, but im not sure if this was a good addition to the game

Jrife548
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 pm
Team: Looking For Team

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby Jrife548 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 am

Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.
#freesethgarrett | #freecolthans
Image

IttayOren174
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:23 am
Team: Privateer

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby IttayOren174 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 am

Jrife548 wrote:Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.

And ofcrouse if you foget to turn on your minimap in real life you constantly have a pitboard with the seconds behind :)

I dunno bout you guys but that giant ass arrow is in the way of the small white dots. Plus seeing your opponent > seeing how far behind he is, since you can predict his path (i.e "he looks like he's going for a blockpass, I'mma undercut him" - me at an actual race)

white327
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:48 pm
Team: RedLine

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby white327 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:05 pm

IttayOren174 wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.

And ofcrouse if you foget to turn on your minimap in real life you constantly have a pitboard with the seconds behind :)

I dunno bout you guys but that giant ass arrow is in the way of the small white dots. Plus seeing your opponent > seeing how far behind he is, since you can predict his path (i.e "he looks like he's going for a blockpass, I'mma undercut him" - me at an actual race)




+100. You won.

C.K.234
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:22 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby C.K.234 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:04 am

IttayOren174 wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.

And ofcrouse if you foget to turn on your minimap in real life you constantly have a pitboard with the seconds behind :)

I dunno bout you guys but that giant ass arrow is in the way of the small white dots. Plus seeing your opponent > seeing how far behind he is, since you can predict his path (i.e "he looks like he's going for a blockpass, I'mma undercut him" - me at an actual race)
Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs

User avatar
ColtHans
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:36 pm
Team: www.vlastmx.com

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby ColtHans » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:03 am

lookin back only slows you down :wink:
PM ME FOR CHEAP SKINS
MESS WITH THE COLT YOU GET THE HANS

Jrife548
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 pm
Team: Looking For Team

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby Jrife548 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 pm

C.K.234 wrote:Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs


That would just make things harder/more frustrating and cause problems, looking back would only help.
#freesethgarrett | #freecolthans
Image

C.K.234
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:22 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Postby C.K.234 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:10 am

Jrife548 wrote:
C.K.234 wrote:Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs


That would just make things harder/more frustrating and cause problems, looking back would only help.
have u ever seen a motocross race without roost? ...no. Its pretty unrealistic that u can just turn ur roost off. And if it was forced in servers it would add another level to the game, you would have to take different lines if a rider is in front of you to avpid the roost, thatsb how it is irl.


Return to “Suggestion Box”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests