Wiki

Post your suggestions here
DJ99X

Wiki

Post by DJ99X »

I've been getting the urge to start collating some of the info released with snapshots over the years that is scattered all over the place. I'd imagine anyone new looking to develop are going to miss alot of useful functionality that's been implemented over the years. Heck, even I can't recall most things, and it's a pain to go looking for it.
As opposed to doing it in stickied threads, I think it'd be nicer in a wiki, as you can lay everything out better and have more useful search functionality.
I started tinkering with one on fandom, but I figured before I go too far with that, it might be worth asking whether it'd be much of a bother to just append one to this site? MediaWiki is free, I just wasn't sure around other costs around actually hosting it on your site.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Wiki

Post by Wahlamt »

I'd like to contribute to a wiki.

Would it be purely facs based or quides too + faq?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I've never run a wiki before but I assume I could just host it on the same server that hosts the forum.
Okay, I looked it up and it's a bit of a pain in that they require a specific version of PHP (at least 7.2.9 but not 7.4.0). I'm running Centos 7 which is PHP 5.4. I might be able to get away with using version 1.26 of MediaWiki. I'll take a shot at it but not for a week or so.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
johnmx227
Team: Carb Engineering

Post by johnmx227 »

Possible to add it as a sub section on the tmfr site?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

johnmx227 wrote:Possible to add it as a sub section on the tmfr site?
If it's supposed to be official, it needs to be on jlv's site more or less.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well, it doesn't need to be official as such, figured if it were easy to implement, it'd be neater implementing it as apart of this site.
jlv wrote:I'll take a shot at it but not for a week or so.
No drama, I'll continue adding stuff to the one I setup, won't be too hard to copy across if you manage to get it working.