mx simulator?

Post your suggestions here
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

mx simulator?

Post by mace-x »

yeah, we have physics, yup, we have real suspension settings, sprockets, and bikes with dino's, weight and wheelbase lenght.
what if we would be able to tweak the engine and select tipes of tires(muddy, sand, hard packed,etc).
would be cool, im not talking about models, but different options of customization.
reduced weight, assuming that we are using bikes we are using a stock crf250 for example, if we are able to tweak the engine, select tires, reduce weight, etc. we would be abe to race faster, more agile and more responsie bikes, that would supply a better response for us.

also it will reward the guy who took 3 hours tweaking his engine vs the one who has never touched, for lighter parts is just matter of having a normal crf skin and a lightweight bud racing equipped crf, that gains 5 or 10 kgs less to the total weight.

also, i run max steering strenght and the steering speed at max both (100/1000) and 0 stability and i still feeling the bike too heavy in air, could we be able to use some kind of utton (dab in air as an example) to make a single faster move (turn back our whip as an example), would make it so cool, atm is like a smooth constant movement, but i real life is a force that the rider is applying to the bike, so its more agressive, thats what we need, some agresiveness here.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
DJ99X

Re: mx simulator?

Post by DJ99X »

Weight reduction: Pointless. Everyone will just put it to minimum weight. Might as well keep it as is

Tyre choice: Theres no data on what different tyres to in different types of ground, other than on tarmac. That means you would have to fudge the data, which is unrealistic.

Engine tweaking: Would be ok if you could take some power off the top to put on the bottom/midrange, and vice versa. But adding the power everywhere would be pointless, as everyone would run max power.
HAMMERDOWN
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

If there was engine tweaking it would be cool but as Dj said how every one would run the bike at full power. If they did that i think there should be engine failures
such as grenading a four strokes engine. or burning wholes through 2 strokes pistons. and really the most you can really do to tune is jetting and vavles etc. the rest is like polish and port your engines, pistons,rods,Cams,reed vavles and etc. which if we had those parts or services I think there would have to be some type of money or points system to buy those parts which i think would be pretty hard to put in the game

I like the idea though
"Its better to be pissed off then pissed on"
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

I like the idea about engine tuning.

I think we should be able to adjust the powercurve. Like changing the cam, adjusting the weight of the Flywheels etc. Changing the engine characteristics without adding hp.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I don't think I could do that realistically. I'd either need to model the motor with a fluid dynamics engine (not even sure if that's the right thing when talking about fuel/air combustion) accurately enough that it would produce the correct horsepower numbers, which would be extremely hard/nearly impossible (not even sure if Honda has that capability). Alternatively I could dyno every possible combination of mods, which would be very expensive and time consuming. So not likely anytime soon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

If I could find the time I may be able to figure some jetting things out...it would be fun to solve, but take a ridiculous amount of time and many integrals...blah
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

and just to make my point clearer, that would just be for jetting changes/carb changes...I can't even imagine trying to figure out cam shaft/flywheel/piston/pipe and carb changes in a reasonable amount of time
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

As far as the online points system talked about a while ago. using points to pay for upgrades seems like a reasonable thought. the more you race, the better you get, the better bike you get. seems like a real life scenario as well.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

ddmx wrote:As far as the online points system talked about a while ago. using points to pay for upgrades seems like a reasonable thought. the more you race, the better you get, the better bike you get. seems like a real life scenario as well.
Yeah, but some guys get the best stuff to start with when they are kids and by the time they are good amateurs they have never ridden a showroom stock bike in their lives. It would be really cool to have every adjustable feature but I'd be happy with incorporating the correct frame/supension geometry into the models so that each model has similiar handling characteristics as the real bikes.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I know it would probably make money for me, but would you really want to see this crap in MX Sim?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Definitely not.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

jlv wrote:I know it would probably make money for me, but would you really want to see this crap in MX Sim?
dont ask money for it, as an example, 15 levels of engine power, a sigthly improve on every level, 0 being stock and 15 being rc`s bike.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...