mxsimulator.com front page

Post your suggestions here
knapp21
Team: Privateer

mxsimulator.com front page

Post by knapp21 »

jlv would you consider maybe putting mittocs "the epidemic" movie or another quality movie on the front page. I think that the one that is on there now is way outdated. Doesn't make the greatest impression of the game since its come so far with the tracks and models and physics.
DJ99X

Re: mxsimulator.com front page

Post by DJ99X »

He can't advertise user created content as it is false advertisement
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

I guess I don't understand why... it's not like it's a different game. maybe he should just take that video off then. I'm sure its scared off a couple of people (not trying to be mean or anything).
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

DJ wrote:He can't advertise user created content as it is false advertisement
I don't think it would be false advertisement. Most game ads show stuff that isn't even actual game footage. It's not a legal thing. I just prefer to be more honest than that.

I really do need to make a new video for the front page. I'll probably use one of the recent Budds Creek races for it. Just wish one of them would have had a reasonably clean start!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

jlv don't you think maybe using the hurricane hills race or thundervalley would be better? Since these tracks have updated textures and newer models?

I knew that couldn't be right about the false advertisement. medal of honor used some guys gameplay for the multiplayer preview.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

JLV's textures are actually newer than the Thunder Valley textures, from memory.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

jlv wrote:I really do need to make a new video for the front page. I'll probably use one of the recent Budds Creek races for it. Just wish one of them would have had a reasonably clean start!
since i started playing i dont think i have seen a clean start when there are more than like 3 riders
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

It's hard to have a clean start when there's that many people in a race though, if someone swerves even a little bit into the next guy someone is going down, most of the time anyway. Everyone's braking distances are different too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

im good at holeshots, but usually i brake a little sooner than most so i get run over alot
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Showtime wrote:im good at holeshots, but usually i brake a little sooner than most so i get run over alot
its cause you're scared.. :) nah, its the person who is following who should be trying not to hit others but there are a lot of impatient racers who think they have to bulldog their way through the first turn and tap the guys in front of them. Sometimes you get pinched in and have nowhere else to go but into the rear tire of someone else though. I think most cases is someone being impatient though. Personally I put higher effort into trying to be consistent and reeling in the racers ahead and getting by clean rather than bullying the first few turns.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

This is turning off topic. But on some tracks you almost have to get a good start if you want to run up front. If one of the fast guys get the holeshot and you are back in 15th because of playing it safe on the start, you are wasting time getting through the pack. The leaders have a clean track charging. Starts are so sketchy when there's a lot of people, no matter how big the first turn is. Always that one person...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

jlv wrote:
DJ wrote:He can't advertise user created content as it is false advertisement
I don't think it would be false advertisement. Most game ads show stuff that isn't even actual game footage. It's not a legal thing. I just prefer to be more honest than that.

I really do need to make a new video for the front page. I'll probably use one of the recent Budds Creek races for it. Just wish one of them would have had a reasonably clean start!

thats on my to do list for you jlv, but i did lose the 3 big demos. You should consider doing a basic stock track race to get some big demos with everyone and hopefully a decent start.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It might be a good idea to run a stock track series just to get footage. There's a Budds Creek demo here. But it's not a great demo.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

STOCK TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :mrgreen:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS