Lots of improvments needed

Post your suggestions here
Rockstar #723

Lots of improvments needed

Post by Rockstar #723 »

Ok, iv'e been playing for a while now and i no ALOT of stuff that needs to be fixed. 1: the fact that almost all the time you have to have the throttle pinned throught the air to stay traight is dumb. 2: if u want to curve around a jump but NOT whip, the guy goes into a whip and u dont want him to. 3: the front tire ALLWAYS slides out. I have tried every single setup i have seen on the setup topic and it allways slides out. 4: it would be cool if u updated the physics engine. 5: it would be cool if the sounds where better and if u could blow the engine. Just think of some of these improvments. thank you
Kawasakis

Re: Lots of improvments needed

Post by Kawasakis »

There was already topic's like this.
You just not that good at this game i guess.
Setup wont make traction better,its up to the track maker.

You wont slide out in this one.
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=4&t=3345
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Servatis

Post by Servatis »

1: I rarely have the throttle pinned over jumps except in panic revs.
2: you're just not doing it right
3: I rarely slide the front tire out, only when it rolls over a berm or hops out of a rut.
4: what would have to be updated about the physics?
5: I agree the sound needs improvement, there are more topics about that though. and blowing the engine would be the last thing to be added to this game in my opinion.

I suggest you learn to play this game a bit better before you start to state "facts" about the game that are just plain false.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

the improvments needed are in your riding skills in mxs ;)
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Servatis wrote:1: I rarely have the throttle pinned over jumps except in panic revs.
2: you're just not doing it right
3: I rarely slide the front tire out, only when it rolls over a berm or hops out of a rut.
4: what would have to be updated about the physics?
5: I agree the sound needs improvement, there are more topics about that though. and blowing the engine would be the last thing to be added to this game in my opinion.

I suggest you learn to play this game a bit better before you start to state "facts" about the game that are just plain false.
Just because you can learn to hide the flaws, doesn't mean they aren't flaws. I've finally learned to ride without having this stuff happen, but I would say the front washing out like it does at super low speeds for seemingly no reason is a FLAW. It might not be high on your fix list, or even mine at this point, because we've gotten good enough to avoid these, but it's broken and should be fixed. There are a lot of low speed flaws with the physics that don't affect better players because we go fast enough to avoid them, but they are still FLAWS that need fixed for future new players... that is if the goal is to introduce more new players. A 6 month learning curve for a game isn't going to last too long for most people... that is why there are only a small percentage of people who have tried the game still playing it.

I'm not saying make it easy, or make it fake, just saying fix the issues with low speed stuff, stuff htat doesn't make the game easier or different even for the good guys who already avoid those issues, but more accessible for the new guys.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

can you cause your front end to wash out in real life? yes.
do you learn through practice how to avoid the front end washing out? yes.

the low speed things aren't flaws in the physics, they are flaws in the controls, the way we control the bikes right now is far from ideal, the fact that we control the bike with the same force and speed at high speeds as we do at low speeds is not realistic to the way we ride actual real bikes. this is a thing that can be fixed yes, but it is not fair to say that the game is to blame for every time your front washes or you cartwheel over a jump, MXS still is a game that requires lots of practice to learn, and that should not chance because the game isn't called MX Simulator for no reason.
the learning curve in MXS is still 100 times smaller than irl for some people.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

saying your front end washes out in real life life in MXSim is being ignorant. (before you get all pissed and rage like a 12 y.o on her first period, I'm not calling you ignorant)

At the end of the day, a simulator is supposed to make you feel like you are riding with the controls you are given. Washing out at 2 mph while seemingly going straight on a flat surface is not real.

I never said it doesn't take practice or should be easier, I'm saying it shouldn't be FLAWED.

Arghhhh, i'll regret posting this I'm sure.
Red619
Team: Privateer

Post by Red619 »

Checkerz448 wrote: Washing out at 2 mph while seemingly going straight on a flat surface is not real.
Isnt that the time everyone washes out on real bikes. I know the only time I wash out is when I'm going to slow and trying to make a sharp turn. To me it is a little touchy in this game, but It feels pretty realistic to me. I like the fact you wash out when you trying to make tight turn, unlike the MXvs atv games, where you never fall and can make super tight 180 degree turns on flat ground.
Corpralbarn

Post by Corpralbarn »

I wouldnt mind being able to stall the bike.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Checkerz448 wrote:saying your front end washes out in real life life in MXSim is being ignorant. (before you get all pissed and rage like a 12 y.o on her first period, I'm not calling you ignorant)

At the end of the day, a simulator is supposed to make you feel like you are riding with the controls you are given. Washing out at 2 mph while seemingly going straight on a flat surface is not real.

I never said it doesn't take practice or should be easier, I'm saying it shouldn't be FLAWED.

I blame the stock traction. It doesn't really simulate the tyres digging into the ground. Some of the recent tracks don't have this problem as much as the older ones.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

DJ wrote:
Checkerz448 wrote:saying your front end washes out in real life life in MXSim is being ignorant. (before you get all pissed and rage like a 12 y.o on her first period, I'm not calling you ignorant)

I blame the stock traction. It doesn't really simulate the tyres digging into the ground. Some of the recent tracks don't have this problem as much as the older ones.
gotta agree, the stock traction didnt worked that well, the lastest tracks are getting some better results.

other fact is that the rider ingame has some superpowers on his arms, there are some times when the bike leads you, you just hold on there trying to keep the front wheel straight, ingame we manage all that factors, if we want the wheel to turn, oh well, it will turn as much as we want without notice the forces implied there, so we end being allowed to turn almost 90degrees our front wheels to cause a wash out and make a whip, otherwise we end making some washouts like these in whoops or stuff like that.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

at one point I can agreewith checkerz. It's too hard for beginners. some of my friends tried this game and they just hate it because they can't even ride straight. but it s their fault imo. best game ever :)