sit on the edge/side lean

Post your suggestions here
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

sit on the edge/side lean

Post by magnusson »

I often see people talking about it is not enough grip on the front tire, but what this game needs is siting on the edge of the Seat in turn, this is how I take turns in flat turns, sit on the edge on the Seat and pin the Bike :wink:
if i would follow the Bike down like in this pic
then i would fall, so my suggestion now is to be able to straiting the rider in turns and Jumps(for Scrub) so lets say your taking a flat turn then you press lets just say X and then the rider has more friction in the turn(doesn't washout the front tire)
this is some thing i caught in-game :)
its some bug(online lag)

i'm not good writing English so its hard for me explaining this so tell me if this is unreadable :mrgreen:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
FinoMinelli

Re: sit on the edge/side lean

Post by FinoMinelli »

Great Idea! i wash out in turns all the time... though i am pretty new to the game. And your english is perfectly readable.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

i'm with you and great pictures :)
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Sideways leaning would be a great improvement, but I remember jlv saying that it would mess up the stabilizing system pretty well. I'd still love to try it, I'm sure it would take some time to learn to ride with it but not impossible. Imagine the new possibilities to whip the bike :P
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

I'm with vellu there!
maybe we could whip, scrub like this :P
DJD

Post by DJD »

Vellu wrote:Sideways leaning would be a great improvement
True'dat!
jake413

Post by jake413 »

isnt there already something somewhere that says exactly this with pictures...
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

jlv is talking about stability problems, well maybe feature could only be used with 0 stability on?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It causes oscillations in the stabilizer. It would be fixable but it would take plenty of time to get it working right. There are much more important things to work on now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I'm sorry,but how can there be that much more important things than this?This in an update would make the game so much more realistic.
magnusson

Post by magnusson »

jlv wrote:It causes oscillations in the stabilizer. It would be fixable but it would take plenty of time to get it working right. There are much more important things to work on now.
okay, i just want to ask you 1 thing, what is the thing that most bugs you about mx simulator(in-game)
My Release's on PureMXS
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

u right JLV like way better sounds and 450's
Eatin Zebra Cakes and playin MXS is my hobby.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

robbimagg wrote:okay, i just want to ask you 1 thing, what is the thing that most bugs you about mx simulator(in-game)
That the stock tracks and models don't take advantage of the more recent features in the game engine. I'd also like to add dynamic shadows, shaders on the terrain and take another shot at crossfaded engine noise. I'm not working on any of that right now though. Right now I'm fixing bugs and making small improvements that I had been putting off for a while.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
gomoto846
Team: GP Decals

Post by gomoto846 »

yeah i would like 450's/250 2strokes, and DEFINITELY new sounds before leaning like this is attempted but it is something to keep in mind for sure.
magnusson

Post by magnusson »

jlv wrote:
robbimagg wrote:okay, i just want to ask you 1 thing, what is the thing that most bugs you about mx simulator(in-game)
That the stock tracks and models don't take advantage of the more recent features in the game engine. I'd also like to add dynamic shadows, shaders on the terrain and take another shot at crossfaded engine noise. I'm not working on any of that right now though. Right now I'm fixing bugs and making small improvements that I had been putting off for a while.
well, dynamic shadows would be a step forward :wink: looking forward to the next big change :twisted:
My Release's on PureMXS