Set Default Track

Post your suggestions here
MX196
Team: Privateer

Set Default Track

Post by MX196 »

You should be able to set a default track. When you open the game, then you go to New Race, instead of it being Rabbit Hill, It could be Mission Valley or something.
Is this a good idea?
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Re: Set Default Track

Post by tyskorn »

I like it.But it is kind of useless and wouldn't really help all that much.If you were watching a demo and you were on a track other than Rabbit Hill,it would be cool if the default track was set to that track so if you forgot to change the track to the same one you were watching the demo on,you could start up the race right quick.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I dont really see what your saying. All I understood was Demo blah blah blah blah you could start the race quicker. But it may be that im tired and my brain doesnt work.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Wow that last post was very useful :? .

I agree with both suggestions.

Setting the default track would be awesome when I am creating a track - instead of having to navigate to my track every time I wanted to open it in order to test or work on it. It would save several clicks, and when you are working on a track and have to restart a number of times that could add up to something signifigant. Plus you have to count the one time you accidently load up rabbit hill too!! :lol:

Ditto on Tyskorn's suggestion - anything to avoid the accidental rabbit hill opening is good in my book!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I just thought of something useful! But how would we do this, I was thinking since your bike and gear saves, the track you just raced on would save too. (Similar to Tyskorns idea) It would help track creators and racers all around.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You can add this to the command line if you want the game to load a specific track on startup:

--track MissionValley

This is shown on the track editing page, but I guess most people cover their eyes when they see a command prompt. :D

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Wow. Ok then. Thanks! I dont make tracks or modify them so I dont look there. :P
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

Where can I find a full list of all the mx.exe arguments?

I did try to search, but failed to find 1 place with all of them together
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Pick em out
Attachments
commands.jpg
(369.49 KiB) Downloaded 63 times