Feathering brakes and gas simultaneously with triggers

Post your suggestions here
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Feathering brakes and gas simultaneously with triggers

Post by Axle McOctane »

A strange thing I noticed about various ways to program the x-box controller is that when I had the analog stick as the throttle and a trigger as both brakes, I was able to be on the gas and both brakes at the same time. Either that, or I was on the gas and just the front brake at the same time.

However, for most of the time I've been playing, I have the gas as the right trigger and both brakes as the left trigger, and with this configuration it is impossible to be both on the gas and the brakes at the same time. I think that I have gotten to a level where I could take advantage of being on both the gas and the front brake at the same time, and it would be nice if this were possible without having to program the F/R brakes as separate buttons.

Hopefully that makes sense, and wouldn't be very hard of an issue to solve.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Feathering brakes and gas simultaneously with triggers

Post by Pumaxcs »

Why are you on tha gas and brakes at the same time? Don't you mean to brake into the corner then be on the clutch and gas at the same time?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Axle McOctane wrote:A strange thing I noticed about various ways to program the x-box controller is that when I had the analog stick as the throttle and a trigger as both brakes, I was able to be on the gas and both brakes at the same time. Either that, or I was on the gas and just the front brake at the same time.

However, for most of the time I've been playing, I have the gas as the right trigger and both brakes as the left trigger, and with this configuration it is impossible to be both on the gas and the brakes at the same time. I think that I have gotten to a level where I could take advantage of being on both the gas and the front brake at the same time, and it would be nice if this were possible without having to program the F/R brakes as separate buttons.

Hopefully that makes sense, and wouldn't be very hard of an issue to solve.
That has to do with the fact that windows registers the xbox 360 triggers as 1 axis. Download XBCD and your problems will be solved.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Pumaxcs wrote:Why are you on tha gas and brakes at the same time? Don't you mean to brake into the corner then be on the clutch and gas at the same time?
Actually I do this all the time in real life and in the sim like powering threw braking bumps when your bike is pinned it keeps the back end low and the front high so it dosent head shake but going into a corner pinned is too fast so I slam the bake brake on and pin it at the same time and it does wonders in real mx and works well in mxs too give it a try some time :)
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Thanks Shack!

Yea in real life keeping light pressure on the front brake while you roll on the gas can really help front-end control and turning harder.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

Joe Sawler wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:Why are you on tha gas and brakes at the same time? Don't you mean to brake into the corner then be on the clutch and gas at the same time?
Actually I do this all the time in real life and in the sim like powering threw braking bumps when your bike is pinned it keeps the back end low and the front high so it dosent head shake but going into a corner pinned is too fast so I slam the bake brake on and pin it at the same time and it does wonders in real mx and works well in mxs too give it a try some time :)
i feel sorry for that poor bike
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

ya i do this in real life sometimes too. i dont pin it and slam on the brakes though
livefast259
Crushed Dissenter
Team: WHITE TRASH

Post by livefast259 »

adhkcrfhonda wrote:ya i do this in real life sometimes too. i dont pin it and slam on the brakes though
me too..i think alot of faster guys do that.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

i don't mean I hold it wide open and stomp the brake but that's the only way I could explain it its different for every circumstance
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

A post from someone who has clearly never ridden an enduro or hare scramble.

Dragging back brake thru whoops = win

Dragging front brake to place front tire in rut = win
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yFMX

Post by yFMX »

I don't know about enduro or hare scramble but in mx/sx dragging back brake thru whoops while on the gas = fail and dragging front brake to place front tire in rut while on the gas = fail
You can use the rear brake while on the gas through bumps to stabilize the bike though.
To place the front wheel in a rut you have to use the front brake but not the gas.
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Trust me... every racer on the SX or MX tour is probably slightly on the gas before they let go of the front brake, in almost every turn. I trust Donnie and Josh Hansen on this one, they told me in person.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

yFMX wrote:I don't know about enduro or hare scramble but in mx/sx dragging back brake thru whoops while on the gas = fail and dragging front brake to place front tire in rut while on the gas = fail
You can use the rear brake while on the gas through bumps to stabilize the bike though.
To place the front wheel in a rut you have to use the front brake but not the gas.
MX whoops and enduro whoops are NOT the same thing :lol:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

dragging the front brake adds load to the front tire = more traction = win.

ive never really heard of dragging the rear brake and being on the gas at the same time.. that makes no sense to me. lol
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Some local kid at the arenacross back in Oregon used to do it on his 125 all the time.The only good he got out of it was annoying people with the sound. :lol:
I guess it allows you to brake while staying on the gas though.The when you let off you are already on the gas.Don't bash me,I was just mentioning how I think it works. :D