Editor Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Editor Suggestions

Post by jlv »

For now I'd put it in the built in editor. A lot of this stuff would be easier in an external editor written in a higher level language though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
totorox

Post by totorox »

FactoryBR21 wrote:Scale doesn't change but highscale does when you save it then import it again from ps ( because when you save your terrain got black background)
Pumacs wrote:Only thing is to place a white dot and a black dot. Since the game needs a 100% white and a 100% black to read the .hf properly that seems to be a hard one to fix.
How crap ! It's why my 16 bits png got some steps after being edited in MXS ? Someone have a link to get more informations on that ? If it's that It's a big problem, i hope it will be fixed, i will try to set 0 and 100% black zone. Thx for the tip.
totorox

Post by totorox »

and : Allowing multiple selections, grouping, and allow some basic operations like moving, scaling, rolling on entities centers or group center or defined origin. (Plz if it's doable try to keep graphical industry common shortcuts like shift = multiple selection or axis constrain or proportional operations, ctrl=entity adds/remove from selection, those king of things, if you don't know, i can explain further).
Maybe you could get some informations of open source softs of vectorial design, even some postscript tools like ghostscript could be interresting.
Scaling a track after some work is not easy to do actually (manually:x), but it's just multiplying some coords and decals & statues scales.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

i maybe jumped few post but i would like to get the terrain to autoupdate itself when like ps--save--ingame (somethings wrong)--change--back to ingame without closing it and it has been changed (only need to update it tough)...

also a decal set would be nice, like an small menu to select from (in the decal folder there would be addet lines like Menu: @track/decal.png size= 36
and then placing would create the new lines under Placement:

bigest of all i would like to see was ability to make the sky move and somethng come off it , like some type of rain or something...
but thats just a hope that will take years to get done..(dont know about the sky moving sine the animations usable, could it be tweaked idk...)

ps. while writing this i tough that a rough brush ability for anything, like a box brush, circle , and just random own made stuff (to make like speed bumbs or stuff like that)
would be nice
totorox

Re: Editor Suggestions (flatten brush)

Post by totorox »

Plz add a flattening brush (near your square flatening area but brush shape based), if you know some 3D modelers working with brushes, it's not smoothing. And i found also, smoothing in editor is working weird, adding volume sometime.
totorox

Re: Editor Suggestions (flatten brush)

Post by totorox »

Flattening, is working based on average normal direction or current view direction. If I'm not wrong, there's this function in blender brush modeling section.