Starting Off

Post your suggestions here
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Starting Off

Post by JETZcorp »

Here's the situation. You're in a race, you do something wrong, nail some bales, and go tumbling along the dirt like a rag doll. The rider gets back on the bike, picks it up, and assuming you have auto-dab selected, it points the bike directly at a bale. And now it's time to take off again and get back in the race. Here's where we encounter some weirdness.

How it's Done Now: The track is to your right, a series of bales is to your left. You want to turn right. But, in order to turn right, the rider has to steer the front wheel left, into the bales! That won't work, you're stuck in the bales again. Okay, so you steer the bike right to turn onto the track. But then the bike leans left and you turn into the bales. That won't work either! It's exactly like the classic problem of being one inch from the edge of a cliff on a motorcycle while moving. No matter which way you turn the bars, you will go over. The only solution, in our take-off scenario, is to waste a bunch of time slowly trying to point your bike in the right direction, except of course half the time you hit the back-up button, the bike falls over and points you back at the bales.

How I Think it Should be Done: All of the above is just silly! In real life, when somebody wants to turn immediately upon taking off,they don't turn the bars to the left in order to lean right. They just lean the bike over to the right, and let go of the clutch. So, I think that when the bike is stopped, the joystick should not just control the bars, but actually lean the bike directly, because when you're stopped, you have the ability to do that with your legs. It would not only be much easier to deal with in situations like the bales above, where your problem would be over instantly, but it would also be more realistic!

This video shows what I mean. Fast-forward to 0:45 and watch how the rider takes off. Now think of how much more difficult it would be to get out of that situation today in MXS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aMQphFol4c
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
DJ99X

Re: Starting Off

Post by DJ99X »

Maybe have a mode where it puts it on Arcade mode up to 1 or 2 ft/s.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Just be quick when you steer/countersteer. I have overcame said problem.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

JETZcorp wrote:So, I think that when the bike is stopped, the joystick should not just control the bars, but actually lean the bike directly, because when you're stopped, you have the ability to do that with your legs.

This video shows what I mean. Fast-forward to 0:45 and watch how the rider takes off. Now think of how much more difficult it would be to get out of that situation today in MXS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aMQphFol4c
You can actually do that(bolded part), but not with auto-dab. When stopped and handlebars pointing to the right, the bike will fall to the right when you release dab. So by tapping dab button and giving a little gas you will be able to turn right away. I tried to recreate the situation in the video in this demo. (I tapped dab a few times there just to prove my point, and also I had to back up from the bale a little so I can turn the handlebars.)
Attachments
default.mxdemo
(267.43 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

Well, there we go. I guess I'll just have to spend a little while getting used to manual dab, but it's starting to look now like it's worth it.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.