heightmap scram

Post your suggestions here
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

heightmap scram

Post by MarcusThompson »

i was thinking about it and talking to some people that have said they are sick and tired of all the mxb losers ripping there hard work into bikes. I responded to these with "is it possible to scram the terrain file" resulting in no height data for a ripper. But it has come to my knowledge that there is not a way to implement this t your track file. I was wondering if this was in mind in the future or even a possiblity to implement into the game forcing those prospects to ask for permission to import the track. much love jlv kitten xoxo
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Re: heightmap scram

Post by VUSTTOS »

This would be good but I feel like it would not be worth the time. Each year MxBikes has more and more quality tracks and they no longer need Mx Sim tracks. MxBikes has tracks MxSim doesn't and we would love to, and even some creators have now made the move to Mx Bikes. I think instead of heightmap scram we would just need better tools/more game updates to keep the creators motivated so the game keeps having content and they don't go away.

Alex V111#1017
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MarcusThompson »

VUSTTOS wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:32 pm This would be good but I feel like it would not be worth the time. Each year MxBikes has more and more quality tracks and they no longer need Mx Sim tracks. MxBikes has tracks MxSim doesn't and we would love to, and even some creators have now made the move to Mx Bikes. I think instead of heightmap scram we would just need better tools/more game updates to keep the creators motivated so the game keeps having content and they don't go away.

these tracks are all pricey and mxb hords have a addiction to more content and sim has some premiere content which works in mxb. plus mxb kids broke, store expensive, minimum deposit of 10 dollars etc.
VUSTTOS

Post by VUSTTOS »

MarcusThompson wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:34 am these tracks are all pricey and mxb hords have a addiction to more content and sim has some premiere content which works in mxb. plus mxb kids broke, store expensive, minimum deposit of 10 dollars etc.
I know how MxBikes works and it is working well. Look at the amount of content they release each day. Bikes, gear, tracks, information... I mostly play Sim and I'm jealous of the community that MxBikes has. It is also healthier in every way compared to the Sim one. It's like MxSim in its glory days.

Only top-notch quality tracks are under payment in MxBikes and I don't mind that. I don't mind paying 2 dollars to a track maker so he keeps doing tracks. Look at sim and the low amount of content that's being released nowadays compared to MxBikes.
Alex V111#1017
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MarcusThompson »

VUSTTOS wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:25 am
MarcusThompson wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:34 am these tracks are all pricey and mxb hords have a addiction to more content and sim has some premiere content which works in mxb. plus mxb kids broke, store expensive, minimum deposit of 10 dollars etc.
I know how MxBikes works and it is working well. Look at the amount of content they release each day. Bikes, gear, tracks, information... I mostly play Sim and I'm jealous of the community that MxBikes has. It is also healthier in every way compared to the Sim one. It's like MxSim in its glory days.

Only top-notch quality tracks are under payment in MxBikes and I don't mind that. I don't mind paying 2 dollars to a track maker so he keeps doing tracks. Look at sim and the low amount of content that's being released nowadays compared to MxBikes.
But there are many who don't. you're not picking up what im putting down bucko. Ashame that the mxbikes shop has ruined the community
VUSTTOS

Post by VUSTTOS »

MarcusThompson wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:40 am

But there are many who don't. you're not picking up what im putting down bucko. Ashame that the mxbikes shop has ruined the community
Dude, you are totally wrong if you think that. Looks at how healthy everything related to MxBikes is. The game is better than ever and I'm saying this being a Sim player, not a MxBikes fanboy.
Alex V111#1017
MarcusThompson
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MarcusThompson »

VUSTTOS wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:29 pm
MarcusThompson wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:40 am

Dude, you are totally wrong if you think that. Looks at how healthy everything related to MxBikes is. The game is better than ever and I'm saying this being a Sim player, not a MxBikes fanboy.
i used to rip in mxbikes the community is not thriving its as toxic as sim and even if they ask permision to rip and the creator says no they go ahead and do it regardless
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Are they selling community stuff in a shop? How do they deal with rippers?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
xAlpha

Post by xAlpha »

jlv wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:35 am Are they selling community stuff in a shop? How do they deal with rippers?
Hey JLV! I hope this quote from an MXB community member can clear it up - "When sold, tracks are GUID locked and only accessible by the purchaser. Model swaps are also GUID locked, distributed by the OEM team and (a small number) of reputable sources. Private models (boots/helmets) are sold/given permission by legit sellers and/or the creator (distributed by the person who imported it (Who requires permission from the creator) as they have a unique TGA name that they give out)). Mods/admins enforce any bans/punishments related to ripping, then there's layered bans which range from warnings (minor offences like sharing a link to a ripping discord), to being blacklisted from official game servers (major offences like leaking/ripping multiple models). We (mods/admins) actively look for and ban individuals related to ripping and target discords that offer ripped models. There's also strict rules across mod sites relating to ripping, which are punished the same way." - If you'd like further info on this topic, DM one of these discord accounts if you're able - L21#8725 , insane#0283 , Alpha#4771, we'd love to further explain this if you'd like :)
xAlpha

Post by xAlpha »

jlv wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:35 am Are they selling community stuff in a shop? How do they deal with rippers?
Additionally, the GUID lock system is just that, A LOCK to the given GUID. A creator can fully lock an item (track, bike model, etc.) to any given GUID. If this item is shared to a GUID it wasn't specifically locked FOR, the item will not work in the game.
VUSTTOS

Post by VUSTTOS »

"When sold, tracks are GUID locked and only accessible by the purchaser. Model swaps are also GUID locked, distributed by the OEM team and (a small number) of reputable sources. Private models (boots/helmets) are sold/given permission by legit sellers and/or the creator (distributed by the person who imported it (Who requires permission from the creator) as they have a unique TGA name that they give out)). Mods/admins enforce any bans/punishments related to ripping, then there's layered bans which range from warnings (minor offences like sharing a link to a ripping discord), to being blacklisted from official game servers (major offences like leaking/ripping multiple models). We (mods/admins) actively look for and ban individuals related to ripping and target discords that offer ripped models. There's also strict rules across mod sites relating to ripping, which are punished the same way"
Alex V111#1017
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

VUSTTOS wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:45 pm "When sold, tracks are GUID locked and only accessible by the purchaser. Model swaps are also GUID locked, distributed by the OEM team and (a small number) of reputable sources. Private models (boots/helmets) are sold/given permission by legit sellers and/or the creator (distributed by the person who imported it (Who requires permission from the creator) as they have a unique TGA name that they give out)). Mods/admins enforce any bans/punishments related to ripping, then there's layered bans which range from warnings (minor offences like sharing a link to a ripping discord), to being blacklisted from official game servers (major offences like leaking/ripping multiple models). We (mods/admins) actively look for and ban individuals related to ripping and target discords that offer ripped models. There's also strict rules across mod sites relating to ripping, which are punished the same way"
But what happens to the money? Someone bought something that turned out to be stolen. Is it refunded?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
xAlpha

Post by xAlpha »

jlv wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:04 am
VUSTTOS wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:45 pm "When sold, tracks are GUID locked and only accessible by the purchaser. Model swaps are also GUID locked, distributed by the OEM team and (a small number) of reputable sources. Private models (boots/helmets) are sold/given permission by legit sellers and/or the creator (distributed by the person who imported it (Who requires permission from the creator) as they have a unique TGA name that they give out)). Mods/admins enforce any bans/punishments related to ripping, then there's layered bans which range from warnings (minor offences like sharing a link to a ripping discord), to being blacklisted from official game servers (major offences like leaking/ripping multiple models). We (mods/admins) actively look for and ban individuals related to ripping and target discords that offer ripped models. There's also strict rules across mod sites relating to ripping, which are punished the same way"
But what happens to the money? Someone bought something that turned out to be stolen. Is it refunded?
nothing gets put on the shop that's ripped, it needs permission from the original creator (if imported they normally get a % of sales). For bikes, we only upload and have swaps for bikes that we know are legit and not ripped, most are created in-house by the oem team. Therefor we don't allow people buying ripped bikes at all, anyone caught doing so through unofficial sources gets punished. Obviously we can't stop people buying ripped models completely and can't refund their money if they bought it from a random disc server, but we will find that server and punish the owners/leakers severely, and the buyers will be warned or worse. Obviously as OEM bike swaps are GUID locked, like tracks, they have a strict process before they're in the position to be sold, so they don't make it to that stage if they're ripped.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

xAlpha wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:15 am nothing gets put on the shop that's ripped, it needs permission from the original creator (if imported they normally get a % of sales). For bikes, we only upload and have swaps for bikes that we know are legit and not ripped, most are created in-house by the oem team. Therefor we don't allow people buying ripped bikes at all, anyone caught doing so through unofficial sources gets punished. Obviously we can't stop people buying ripped models completely and can't refund their money if they bought it from a random disc server, but we will find that server and punish the owners/leakers severely, and the buyers will be warned or worse. Obviously as OEM bike swaps are GUID locked, like tracks, they have a strict process before they're in the position to be sold, so they don't make it to that stage if they're ripped.
That makes more sense. I thought it was open to any random uploader which would be crazy.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

xAlpha wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:33 pm Additionally, the GUID lock system is just that, A LOCK to the given GUID. A creator can fully lock an item (track, bike model, etc.) to any given GUID. If this item is shared to a GUID it wasn't specifically locked FOR, the item will not work in the game.
It's funny, people have been asking me about a feature like that for MX Sim lately and I've been telling them it can't do it. I just remembered I actually did implement that back in 2016. I think rF wanted it for early access tracks or something like that. You just do this -

mxscram --target 12345 terrain.png -o terrain.png.scram

Now terrain.png.scram is only readable by UID 12345.

Sorry I forgot that, must be old age setting in!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com