Revamp skin naming?

Post your suggestions here
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Revamp skin naming?

Post by Jrife548 »

Instead of having to make several sets of JMs and Normals for every different dyno your teammates run, why not just simplify the naming process from:

250sxfv2016-ect
to
250f-ect

or

crf450v2017-rct
to
450-ect
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Revamp skin naming?

Post by jlv »

I'm not actually a fan of the idea of mismatching the bike and model like that. I've thought about making "spec" versions of the bikes that all have the same power curve. No one seemed too interested in that idea though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ktm161
Team: Underground RC

Post by ktm161 »

jlv wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:44 am I'm not actually a fan of the idea of mismatching the bike and model like that. I've thought about making "spec" versions of the bikes that all have the same power curve. No one seemed too interested in that idea though.
i think a spec bikes would be awesome especially if you had new sounds for each bike that way lets say my teams on a kawi and atm we all run the fc 450 dyno our kawi skins dont sound like a fc. this way we could just put the entire team on a kawi sounding bike without having a disadvantage.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

ktm161 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:16 pm i think a spec bikes would be awesome especially if you had new sounds for each bike that way lets say my teams on a kawi and atm we all run the fc 450 dyno our kawi skins dont sound like a fc. this way we could just put the entire team on a kawi sounding bike without having a disadvantage.
They all use the same sound files so any difference between the sound in the 450s is from the power curve. So a "spec" curve would make them all exactly the same.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

jlv wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:44 am I'm not actually a fan of the idea of mismatching the bike and model like that. I've thought about making "spec" versions of the bikes that all have the same power curve. No one seemed too interested in that idea though.
My friends and I have wanted this forever. Make all the bikes the same speed and keep the weight/handling how you've been making them. Then people will choose what feels the best for them and not whatever bike is the fastest.