Server setting for disabling stabilizer (front end lock)

Post your suggestions here
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: Server setting for disabling stabilizer (front end lock)

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:11 am In the clip you posted of me, do you really think I should have stayed up and the other rider went down? It just shows how bad it was. The rider whose front wheel was swept stayed up and the other rider went down. The stabilizer was too quick/strong and made racing moves work backwards. It was a rough move but he had a wheel on me and should have had the advantage.
Id rather a system that promotes clean racing yes, punish the punter not the victim. Like I said in the original post though, I think some server settings that allow us to tune the stablizer would be the best option. Completely off would be a bit much. You definitely should've at least tipped over from that contact.
jlv wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:11 am This thread basically boils down to "I don't want to have to have a wheel on someone to make the pass". I get that it's frustrating when you're faster than someone but not quite fast enough to get a wheel on them, but that's racing!
It's not a struggle to get a wheel on someone, I'm just not a fan of being forced to ruin other peoples nights in order to work my way through the field.

I'm hoping that we can at least agree that this is some bs.
Tanner Rogers
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:11 am This thread basically boils down to "I don't want to have to have a wheel on someone to make the pass". I get that it's frustrating when you're faster than someone but not quite fast enough to get a wheel on them, but that's racing!
It's not even really to do with passing people at least in my eyes, it's to limit some of the bs that happens in racing. One person crashes in a corner and it causes a landmine due to the stabilizer not helping us out.

Here I'm thinking that I'm fine after getting pinched by rasmus and casey, but as soon as I gave it throttle I was on the ground.

This pileup was pretty bad, Erin on the GasGas in the middle probably should've gone down, not sure about Klein on the white honda on the inside though, that seemed kind of silly.

I doubt the second gif will do anything to change your opinion as they could've just "slowed down". But with the speeds we carry around these tracks it is so difficult to make split second decisions like getting on the brakes a tenth sooner to avoid a pileup. The first gif however shows that situation was completely out of my hands and was kind of dumb. That's what I want to see less of.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

motokid499 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:53 am Id rather a system that promotes clean racing yes, punish the punter not the victim. Like I said in the original post though, I think some server settings that allow us to tune the stablizer would be the best option. Completely off would be a bit much. You definitely should've at least tipped over from that contact.
That was not the case before the limited stabilizer. You could just run your front wheel into someone and push them over the berm. I agree there's room to scale it back a bit but before it existed block passes worked backwards compared to what happens in real life.

As far as scaling it back, it's much easier to scale it back than it would be to turn it back up so I tend to do it in baby steps.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:27 am It's not even really to do with passing people at least in my eyes, it's to limit some of the bs that happens in racing. One person crashes in a corner and it causes a landmine due to the stabilizer not helping us out.

Here I'm thinking that I'm fine after getting pinched by rasmus and casey, but as soon as I gave it throttle I was on the ground.
Yes, these cases are much more compelling to me. When it's just "hey I shouldn't have to brake to keep my front wheel off this guy" I'm unmoved. No one just plows their front wheel into someone in real life and expects to ride away.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.