Paddle tire

Post your suggestions here
i_Bite#21

Paddle tire

Post by i_Bite#21 »

well i was playin do the dunes track and my brother came over and saw it and said, "why dont u put a paddle tire on?" and i said because there wasnt any. it would be kinda cool to have a paddle tire to get more traction in sand lol
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Re: Paddle tire

Post by magnusson »

thats up to the users to make not jlv(im just saying :roll: )
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

Actually that would be up to jlv. Because anybody can model a paddle tire, but jlv is the one who would have to tweak the physics and shit to match how the paddle tire would affect your ride.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, it would be up to everyone who makes a track. If there were different tires, every track would have to specify the traction for every tire type. It would be a bit of a nightmare in my opinion.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

i've just been pwnd :cry:
i_Bite#21

Post by i_Bite#21 »

it was just a suggestion
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'm not trying to put anyone down. Just pointing out the technical difficulties it would introduce.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

Umm - couldnt the tire physics model be kept seperate fromt he tracks traction settings.

What I mean is, if the tracion settings on the track were base settings - different tire types could simply deviate from each base variable by a factor of "x"?

That being said - I'd rather see other updates than this right now - just throwing in my 2 cents.
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

Yeah, the paddle tire would just be huge problems, and theres also really no need for it. its not like were riding glamis, id rather just stick to one tire type
jeff488
Team: Privateer Goon

Post by jeff488 »

even a tire that had like the skin of a paddle tire but functioned like a regular tire? just for looks
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

jeff488 wrote:even a tire that had like the skin of a paddle tire but functioned like a regular tire? just for looks
yeah cause the supermoto tire does not have any difference. It is still like a normal tire... the only reason it works is because of the textures on the supermoto tracks.. i agree... we should have a paddle. it would be sick.
Mouritsen #333
jeff488
Team: Privateer Goon

Post by jeff488 »

yea i do some free riding on the dunes tracks (like dune it well) and i looks really akward with the moto back tire but i dont know how to model or skin or anything
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

"i've just been pwnd"

hilarious that just made my evening
Eatin Zebra Cakes and playin MXS is my hobby.
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

Woodpecka.. that was a ridiculous post... please don;t spam . don't act like a 2 year-old.. if you have something to help great if not don't write it.
Mouritsen #333
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

Please do not reply back at me like this. Other people do the same thing on this forum. It is ok to make a joke every now and then you know. Its just a forum for a game we are not defending the United States from a nuclear invasion.
Eatin Zebra Cakes and playin MXS is my hobby.