Transmission model

Post your suggestions here
Garasaki

Re: Transmission model

Post by Garasaki »

I definately don't like the idea of some video gamey clutch gauge I have to watch for to make sure my imaginary clutch dosen't fry. That's not even close to reality.

JETZ idea is not too bad, make it so the rider can't shift when there is a certain amount of force or relative velocity on him. But then again, how are we going to know when we are missing shifts? Much like real life, I rely on an instictive count in my head to know what gear I am in, I rarely actually look at the tachometer/gauge the game has (only when I am unsure).

If, all the sudden, for reasons that aren't obvious (how will I know instictively when I have passed the relative velocity threshold...??), the game isn't allowing me to shift - I'm not going to see that as a "feature".

Sounds like a recipe for confusion and frustration to me.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Unless there were a audible clue, tranny grinding or clunking.......
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by d1abl019 »

jlv wrote:I agree with you on the whoops. Not because the transmission couldn't take it, but because there's no way you could get your toe under the shifter while you're hammering whoops. My main concern would be that it wouldn't be apparent why it wasn't shifting and people might think there was a problem with the game.
carmichael did that and took out a camera man and almost ran into a boat...