simple things

Post your suggestions here
motox124
Team: Cernics

simple things

Post by motox124 »

idk if they would be simple to put in or not but have things like the arms twisting the throttle, and 1 or 2 fingers on the clutch and on the front brakes and have them pull in (for 1st person riders) and have the boot move up or down when shifting and braking... and some sounds like if ur near a crowd etc... also have the rider get dirty and when they get roost all over then they get all dirty depending on the dirt. Also a riders head movement from left to right(for 1st person users and would look goon in pics too i guess). so idk if any of these would be worth adding but i think it would add a nice touch
Kawisaki#209

Re: simple things

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

motox124 wrote:idk if they would be simple to put in or not but have things like the arms twisting the throttle, and 1 or 2 fingers on the clutch and on the front brakes and have them pull in (for 1st person riders) and have the boot move up or down when shifting and braking... and some sounds like if ur near a crowd etc... also have the rider get dirty and when they get roost all over then they get all dirty depending on the dirt. Also a riders head movement from left to right(for 1st person users and would look goon in pics too i guess). so idk if any of these would be worth adding but i think it would add a nice touch
fantastic idea motox124... i love it... not figure a way to get that to happen (: ahha
Mouritsen #333
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

motox124 wrote:idk if they would be simple to put in or not but have things like the arms twisting the throttle, and 1 or 2 fingers on the clutch and on the front brakes and have them pull in (for 1st person riders) and have the boot move up or down when shifting and braking... and some sounds like if ur near a crowd etc... also have the rider get dirty and when they get roost all over then they get all dirty depending on the dirt. Also a riders head movement from left to right(for 1st person users and would look goon in pics too i guess). so idk if any of these would be worth adding but i think it would add a nice touch
-Twisting the throttle: the rider already twists the throttle but it's very small amount currently. It should be more pronounced.
-Fingers on the clutch/brake lever: great idea! It seems like it would take some anticipation of use in rider movement (proximity to turns, obstacles etc..) to look realistic on a replay. That sounds like it would be difficult to achieve. Maybe in the future we will have a nice sim controller (similar to doubledragons handlebars) and a pair of motion sensing gloves to make the in-game rider perform the hand movements we are making on the controller.
-Sounds near a crowd: It would be neat, but it would have to be totally random sounds of people yelling, whistling, cheering etc. I think it would get annoying if it was just the same exact yells and cheers every time you rode past the bleachers full of people. Although it would be neat, I'm not sure how it could be pulled off to be "simulator" worthy.
-Roost/dirt on rider/bike: This has been in a topic, along with muddy tear-offs, read it here: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ke#p136703
-Rider/head movement: I think it would be neat to have a look-back function, to see where the guy behind is setting up to pass, block-pass or takeout. The you can choose to block the line, square up, or move out of the way. Speaking about rider head movement, and from watching videos of riders going through whoops, their head stays fairly stationary whole the bike bounces around underneath with their body absorbing most of the shock. In-game it the head and view bounces way too much to be realistic when going through whoops/small bumps etc.
motox124
Team: Cernics

Post by motox124 »

i did know about the rider already twisting the trottle but u only notice that when you are on the gates and it does need to be more notice able and i didnt see the rider dirty post sorry for putting that in there and about the sounds, we could get people to make the sounds and be able to mod out and things like that so u could have a hole bunch that would randomly play so it wouldnt be that bad but i want it just as a backround noise not a main one like the bike or anything.