Riding class based on stats

Post your suggestions here
JP37R
Team: JPR

Riding class based on stats

Post by JP37R »

Is there a way a riding class/ability level can be tied in with the rider stats? I think it would help out for riders who arent certain what class they should sign for (if the race organizers desire to have a class structure for racing). I realize there would be a ton of variables based on laptimes, results, races won etc... to calculate a score which would place you into a certain class for racing. I think if something like this were in place it could help make the online racing more reasistic and give the guys who aren't "pro" a chance to win in a class that fits their playing level. Not everyone can dedicate a bunch of time to practice this game and it would be nice to have a chance to win, podium, or top five in some organized events instead of being lapped by the guys who get to play alot.

I think I remember some level system being discussed on here before but I couldn't find the post. Sorry if it's a repeat on a topic but it's been on my mind lately and I feel it's a valid topic to discuss or re-discuss.
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Riding class based on stats

Post by d1abl019 »

i think that it could possibly be like a "proscore" like i've seen at a gokarting place i've been to before where based on your stats you would have a certain proscore and depending on what that is a "recommended" class guide or something...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I've been working on some new stats code which does have a rider rating. The formula is pretty simple though, it's the percentage of riders that finish behind you. That is, if you've raced against 50 opponents and finished ahead of 25 of them, you have a rating of 50%.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter

Post by d1abl019 »

lol speaking of 50 opponents... is it possible to make a server hold more than 40 riders?? or does it just say server full even if you put like 75 riders...?
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

there won't be more than 40 riders AT ALL
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

d1abl019 wrote:lol speaking of 50 opponents... is it possible to make a server hold more than 40 riders?? or does it just say server full even if you put like 75 riders...?
40 is the limit right now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

jlv wrote:
d1abl019 wrote:lol speaking of 50 opponents... is it possible to make a server hold more than 40 riders?? or does it just say server full even if you put like 75 riders...?

BUT...... is it doable 75 rider?? it would be awesome to have a enduro race and have like 100 riders and on the sorketorp enduro track HAHA that would be fun!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'd have to increase the size of a few arrays. It wouldn't be surprising if it didn't play well with that many riders though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

robbimagg wrote:
jlv wrote:

BUT...... is it doable 75 rider?? it would be awesome to have a enduro race and have like 100 riders and on the sorketorp enduro track HAHA that would be fun!
Man, my computer struggles with 8 riders, and my computer is pretty decent.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

When I say that, I meant on Sorketorp.
d1abl019
Crushed Dissenter

Post by d1abl019 »

hahaha the reason i asked about the 75 rider thing was because i put the player limit as 75 for one of my servers and was wondering if it could hold that many haha